Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracker changing - no more fob??

Rip

I went to OPC Newcastle today to try and finalise my build and was got a look at the tracker fob. Aaargh! I like to carry just my phone and one CC whenever possible and really don't want to lug that around with me.

The sales person told me that Panameras will be coming through now that will use the iPhone app in place of the fob and that Turbos will follow with that shortly.

Has anyone else heard this?

How long is it likely, if correct, to take to filter through to the Turbo?

It may sound a little OCD but it's a deal breaker for me.

Rip said:
I went to OPC Newcastle today to try and finalise my build and was got a look at the tracker fob. Aaargh! I like to carry just my phone and one CC whenever possible and really don't want to lug that around with me.

The sales person told me that Panameras will be coming through now that will use the iPhone app in place of the fob and that Turbos will follow with that shortly.

Has anyone else heard this?

How long is it likely, if correct, to take to filter through to the Turbo?

It may sound a little OCD but it's a deal breaker for me.

The factory only installs a preparation kit for tracker units. The trackers themselves are entirely after-market units, and fitted at the delivering dealer's premises.
Your question could probably be best answered by the tracker service provider, I would have thought. :dont know:

Tracker fob

If you don't subscribe to Cobra (circa £215pa) then you won't be active and you don't need to carry the fob.

Although I have got the tracker all set up, my Insurance dropped by only £65pa so if it is such a pain to carry it around and you live in an area where it is not compulsory then just don't bother with it.

I take my car out onto the street to wash it and forgot to take the fob. When I took it back in I noticed the LED display warning me that the fob wasn't with me but presumably Cobra would wait until the car is a greater distance away from the car before the text you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back