Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 on Wheeler Dealers - March 24 2014 9pm Discovery TV

graemeho

993 Targa just been filmed for WD new series broadcast in the spring. Anyone recognise it? Article in this month's porsche post.

Can picture it now, Brewer rocks up offers £10k, seller looks ready to punch him, settles on £20k. Ed fits new wiper widget and terracleans engine before punting it for £35k :D

PORSCHE 993 TARGA 24th March
The last of the air-cooled legends. Mike goes in search of what many fans consider to be the last truly great Porsche. What he finds is the cheapest, tattiest 993 in the country. Mike however, can see a mechanically sound motor and potential profit lurking beneath seventeen years of muck and grime. Edd sets to work on a rescue mission to restore the car's racing pedigree. It's unloved and underpowered but after Edd lavishes some care and attention on the car, will the smart engine fixes and custom handling package spell profit on a Porsche that is still major money?

Attachments

• wheeler_stealers_993_opt_166.jpg
    wheeler_stealers_993_opt_166.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 17,881
That red one above it looks better :whistle:

Re: 993 on Wheeler Stealers new series

graemeho said:
terracleans engine

tried it on 3 different Porsche's, doesn't make any difference

but does work on BMW, Audi, and anything mass production

Loving that colour! and lovin £35k and why not with all the other crazy prices being discussed on here lately for 993's.

oh and IMO it looks much better than that 'loooadsamoneeee' guards red thing above.

The question for me is: how much will an appearance on Wheeler Dealers damage residuals?

Discovery Channel said:
FOR SALE 1996 Porsche 993 Targa
3.6L Varioram 6 speed Manual Blautkuris Metallic Turquoise paint in immaculate condition. Black leather interior.
New handmade custom and fully adjustable multilink suspension
Reconditioned correct Targa 17" RS split-rim alloy wheels with new tires all round Porsche electric pack: windows, mirrors, seats, Electric Panoramic Retractable Glass Roof, Electric Window Blind, Top Tinted Windscreen Porsche Alarm and Immobilizer

This is an opportunity to acquire an extremely presentable, always appreciating air-cooled 993 Porsche.

Price: Offers in the region of £19.995
The car is in Bracknell. We're looking to arrange viewers ASAP. Only serious interested parties please.

For further details or to arrange a viewing please call 0207 740 3000.

Please note that any potential buyer may be filmed for the television programme.

The cars are owned and invited for offers to purchase solely by Attaboy Television Limited pursuant to any terms and conditions that they may provide. Neither Discovery Communications Europe Limited nor any of its group companies ('Discovery") are a party to, or have liability under, any resulting purchase. Discovery does not make any endorsement of, or warranties for, the cars themselves or any resulting purchase.

We need someone to get in there and offer £35k and insist that Mike Brwer accepts the offer. That should help to offset any damage done to the market values.

We could all chip in the subsidise the purchaser :?:

Depending on the mileage and condition, £20k is potentially way underpriced in my view.

Always thought the piece at the end of each show was bollock . This just confirms it. Tv company does all the selling legwork while brewer just plays up to the camera . Another illusion shattered :oops:. £19,995 ? Way too cheap. Must be cat d :cop:

Just send some of the fussy OCD wannabe's weve had on here lately, by the time its sold Brewer will be receiving his pension! :floor:

Goose said:
Depending on the mileage and condition, £20k is potentially way underpriced in my view.

Targa in an unfashionable colour with undisclosed mileage for a quick sale in the middle of winter? I reckon that it is about right personally - I am guessing it is an honest but big mileage non-polisher's car?

Discovery Channel said:

What specifically does that mean that they have done to it? (And indeed, what was wrong with it to require that).

At that price it is actually almost tempting, but if I were ever to get a 993 I would need the wrong hand drive ergonomics.

I'm in for £15k :whistle:

the question is what is the mileage ???

although it does have hard back seats !

even if it's THAT colour......

FOR SALE 1996 Porsche 993 Targa
3.6L Varioram 6 speed Manual Blautkuris Metallic Turquoise paint in immaculate condition. Black leather interior.
Reconditioned correct Targa 17" RS split-rim alloy wheels with new tires all round Porsche electric pack: windows, mirrors, seats, Electric Panoramic Retractable Glass Roof, Electric Window Blind, Top Tinted Windscreen Porsche Alarm and Immobilizer

This is an opportunity to acquire an extremely presentable, always appreciating air-cooled 993 Porsche.

Price: Offers in the region of £19.995
The car is in Bracknell. We're looking to arrange viewers ASAP. Only serious interested parties please.

For further details or to arrange a viewing please call 0207 740 3000.

Attachments

• wd_993targa_03_841.jpg
    wd_993targa_03_841.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 17,712
  • wd_993targa_01_601.jpg
    wd_993targa_01_601.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17,712
  • wd_993targa_02_601.jpg
    wd_993targa_02_601.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17,712
TBH it does seem very reasonably priced depending upon the mileage being a reasonable figure. It makes you wonder what they paid for it in the first place and why?

They do seem to get cars at bargain prices. The Boxster was proof of that. Who the hell sells a Boxster for a grand? Gotta be worth more than that as spares.
Will look forward to this episode.

I think that's a great colour personally & a nice change from the usual shades.
Cheap unless it's in need of work.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back