Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance address

My old address in the sticks ( still officially my address on driving licence and mortgage etc, house owned) gives me much cheaper Insurance although I don't actually live there. In fact I don't actually live in UK really lol
Where the car would actually be parked mainly (girlfriends) ups the premium as near Manchester although good postcode question is say it got stolen from Girlfriends could they refuse to pay out? Obviously nothing to stop me going on holiday 11 months of the year somewhere in the UK and it's still obviously insured.
Thoughts??

There is nothing to associate me with girlfriends address other than the car sometimes parked there

All boils down to where the car is 'usually' parked up irrespective of where you class your 'home address'.

Insurers may get savvy if you have a claim and correspond/visit you at your 'home' so how would the rural retreat work out?

I thought of a small-holding in Norfolk but didn't want to be associated with turnip growing even though I would never visit

Zingari said:
All boils down to where the car is 'usually' parked up irrespective of where you class your 'home address'.

Insurers may get savvy if you have a claim and correspond/visit you at your 'home' so how would the rural retreat work out?

I thought of a small-holding in Norfolk but didn't want to be associated with turnip growing even though I would never visit

Yep true think ill rule out the sticks and Iraq addresses. A plan in Wilmslow looking good mainly because they add 25% above market value in the event of the cars demise and seem really interested in the business which is unusual these days :eek:
Onwards and upwards .....

What about if the engine lets go :dont know:

The most worrying part of this is your second post. You better hope the girl friend doesnt read it or you might need to claim sooner rather than later.

Don't even think about it.

Tell your insurer truthfully where the vehicle will be parked.

Otherwise They will just refuse the claim, so pointless having insured it!

On the other hand when you claim and they want a copy of your license and it has your out in the sticks address you're f'kd as well. Can't win either way.

Personally I'd go with your own address on your license.

I had a car nicked from my girlfriends years ago, no questions asked at all.

Well only by the police when they somehow got her address and turned up on the doorstep at 5am to discuss whether it was me they were chasing all around Cleveland for the last 2 hours !

Yes but who's in the country house - ex wife :dont know: How amenable is she to fessing up to a loss adjuster you park the car there all the time :hand:

Heard some classics in the days of video recorders. House gets burgled and occupants claim for top of the range video that sat on top of their Radio Rentals TV set to watch World of Sport wrestling for Gran. Loss adjuster turns up, builds them up into a height of frenzy that they are going to get paid out for their 'virtual' video recorder and then nails them when he asks to see their collection of video cassettes :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back