Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2007 (57) Golf Gti mk5 edition 30 manual 5 door

Senoj

Zandvoort
Black, 64500 miles, full VWSH etc.

linky

So you wimped out on the E55 idea then :floor:

Senoj said:
Black, 64500 miles, full VWSH etc.

linky

Glws :thumb:
What mk6 did you go for? Standard gti or ed35?
How does it compare to the ed30?

Wimped out on the merc...bought a year old mk6 ed35, 5k miles., passive dampers.

Same peach engine as the 30. Only had a few days but its like a "fresh" version of the mk5, 15% more refined in the NVH department but still has a great noise. This ones on 19's and rides great.

Drove the mk7 gti and thought it was awful. Dull as dishwater and. 6 month waiting list, go figure...

Interesting, mk7 is one of a few cars I've been considering as a potential workhorse - is it really that bad?

Had a mk4 diesel for a good few years before some numpty jumped a red light and killed the old girl. Bit nose heavy but sorely missed :sad:

GLWS :thumb:

chimp911 said:
Interesting, mk7 is one of a few cars I've been considering as a potential workhorse - is it really that bad?

Had a mk4 diesel for a good few years before some numpty jumped a red light and killed the old girl. Bit nose heavy but sorely missed :sad:

The sales guy at the dealer told me his customer, coming out of a Golf R ordered one, waited quite a few months and then brought it back after an hour wanting to trade out of it.

Its not a bad car, just that i found it a bit numb and a bit slow. I suppose it just depends what you are comparing it with.

The K04 turbo engines in the 30/35/R/S3 at pretty tuneable...

MK6 GTD is a cracker too but doesn't do the left/right stuff as well as the petrol. Mk7 GTD is getting a poor rep as the fuel economy has gone backwards apparently.

I think the days are numbered on small hatch diesels - petrol engine emissions and economy are really closing the gap on the perceived benefits of derv, and they can no longer justify the premiums demanded on the forecourt or at the pump...

Good to know about the dull ride in the mk7 - makes your's and mk6 a more attractive used proposition :thumb:

Senoj said:
chimp911 said:

The sales guy at the dealer told me his customer, coming out of a Golf R ordered one, waited quite a few months and then brought it back after an hour wanting to trade out of it.

Its not a bad car, just that i found it a bit numb and a bit slow. I suppose it just depends what you are comparing it with.

The K04 turbo engines in the 30/35/R/S3 at pretty tuneable...
MK6 GTD is a cracker too but doesn't do the left/right stuff as well as the petrol. Mk7 GTD is getting a poor rep as the fuel economy has gone backwards apparently.

The Mk6 Golf R is an astonishing car , I have a few mods on mine and it's quicker 0-60 than my 911 turbo !!!!!

Nice, i bet that is a really fun car.

DPF's are also putting people off buying diesels too!
:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back