Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rob's seal grey C2 update thread.....

rob_p

Hi all
Newbie here just saying hello.
I have been lurking on here for a while but just got round to getting set up so I can post.
Been over on boxa.net for last 6 years (and still am) but sold my beloved boxster after 6 very happy years back in May bought myself an early 997 so thought I would also look in on this forum.
Very happy with the 997 and have a few subtle mods planned for the winter months, including:
Wheel refurb (now done)
Complete removal of bose pcm2.1 and upgrade to something from this decade
Exhaust bypass mod
Caliper repaint (probably to red)
Red seat belts (spot the theme)
Low temp thermostat
IMS bearing upgrade and clutch (probably)
New discs and pads on the front

Car had a major service straight after I bought it (GCR central in Leicester) and got a clean bill of health. Have also recently had the bores inspected and despite some signs of wear and tear there are no signs of excessive bore scoring. When I challenged about whether I should do anything about the "wear and tear" (including an engine rebuild) the answer was a resounding no and they would happily give the car a clean bill of health on inspection. Car has used around 1 litre of oil in the 2,500 miles I have done, again - Indy feels this is entirely reasonable.
I'll settle for that!

Regards
Rob

P.s. - I was going to post a pic (of course) but it says the image is too big!! I am on ipad - any ideas?

Try this:

[/img]

Nice colour, what thoughts have you had around replacing the PCM 2.1 system?

:welcome: - from one Rob to another! :)
I'd be really interested in how your mods go.
The wheels look great with that body colour.

:welcome:

Your car looks very tidy.

There is a bunch of us that meet up in the Midlands, see the meets and events thread, if you fancy being sociable.

Welcome. Wheel colour does look good with that body colour actually. Wonder what it would look like with black.... hmmm...

Thanks guys.
In terms of the wheels - I had gloss black on my boxster which was also seal grey - it worked with the black hood IMO. BUT I do think black wheels are quite a lot of blackness with black tyres - hence I like the graphite type colours.
Some red calipers would also set them off nicely.....

Welcome :thumbs: looks great

Welcome to 911uk.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Welcome. You're going to have a blast. And the good news is it will keep on getting better. Just been for a weeks holiday to Devon with the wife and dog and discovered just how practical the 911 is as well as being a hoot to drive!

Fox Terrier said:
Welcome. You're going to have a blast. And the good news is it will keep on getting better. Just been for a weeks holiday to Devon with the wife and dog and discovered just how practical the 911 is as well as being a hoot to drive!

Yep - took mine to Le Mans this year (a month in) and we went fully stickered up with the martini stripes (photo later). Great GT car. My friend took his F430 spider and being totally unbiased I wouldn't swap - we had to carry their luggage as well as our own! All in the 911s stride...

Ducky said:
Nice colour, what thoughts have you had around replacing the PCM 2.1 system?

I already have all the gear - just need to find some time.
There is a harness which plugs into the lead currently connected to the amp - this has the connections to run to the back of the head unit and speaker connections to the new amp.
I have a jbl 5 channel amp which will go in the front boot.
Pioneer head unit (nav,dab, etc) will connect to the amp via the pre-outs x3 - front, rear and subs.
The bose speakers are 2 ohm and the amp can handle 2-4 ohm so should all be ok.
The door subs are 1ohm so need to be wired in series - hence only having 5 channels on the amp is ok - subs will be no5.
This also means the centre speaker will be defunct as will the bose active sub at the back - but I suspect no great loss. A decent amp powering the door subs should be fine.
Will post a review once complete !

Regards
Rob

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back