Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Turbo S OR 991 GT3

Dlff

Hi guys, this seems like a never ending question or debate as to whether to go for the 991 Turbo S or the GT3.
I have been through almost all available reviews on both cars & is still a tough call.
The way the car is going to be used is on motorway, town use & a bit of trunk route. Tracking no. I live in a hot tropical country where you have either dry or wet roads. More of a week end car than anything else.
As I see it you can utilise the Turbo S's power more on real road because of its much superior low end torque = devastating mid-range acceleration, more comfortable = slightly softer suspension set-up, more comfort creatures, 4WD grips & handling & a more discreet looks.
GT3 IMHO looks much better, lighter car = more agile, 9,000rpm engine, faster paddle shift response, less complicated = no 4WD, not as wide & about £30K cheaper.
Cheers & all opinions are welcome. Thank you.

Tough call....test drive both and see what floats your boat. Or you could wait a bit longer for the GT3 RS....

~ Maxie

Even though the 991GT3 is likely to be softer than earlier cars and will have the PDK box, for motorways and town use I'd have thought the Turbo would still be far and away the best choice so, especially as you're not planning to track the car, I think it's a 'no-brainer'.

That said, if it's only going to be a weekend fun car, you'd need to try both and see what suits your overall needs best.

Failing that, scrub the thoughts of either 991 and buy a 997T AND a GT3. :mrgreen:

Get the GT3, or if you want one this decade, get the Turbo :thumb:

Based solely on the information provided in the original post, I would go for the GT3.

Worth bearing in mind too, that a Turbo would produce less power in a hot tropical climate anyway.

Less, but not as little as the NA wheezer :hand:

That said, I'd probably take the GT3 too, mainly because I've already spent the best part of 3 glorious force induced years in a turbo so I'd fancy a change. That and I'm not all that convinced the 991 turbo moves the bar much further on for the added premium :dont know:

A turbo s will give you blistering and (in the real world) unrivalled performance in a comfortable go anywhere everyday package. If you're after more of a weekend weapons grade hoon-mobile, then a GT3 will give you greater smiles per twisty mile, but no good for ferrying your nan to the bingo... :bandit:

Bored?! :eek: :hand:

This baby is a keeper, but there's always room in the chimp garage for a GT flavored porker as well :bandit:

Everyone should have at least one 911 turbo in their lifetime...

Everyone should have at least one 911 GT3 in their lifetime too... :grin:

Maybe Diff should wait for the next GT2 ... I reckon there must be quite a few people in the same boat who can't decide whether to get Turbo or GT3. Surely they're the ones better off waiting to see what the 991 GT2 holds in store

:dont know:

The new gt3 is so approachable, so compliant and so so fast. Chock full of nannies too. I reckon it now makes the turbo slightly redundant although ill reserve final judgement till i driven both.

991 GT2 is def not in my short list simply because IMHO is just too much power for the 2WD to handle. I wouldn't be surprised if the forthcoming GT2 has more power than the Turbo S. GT3 RS is also out of the question as it would be a real track car with no creature comfort whatsoever than anything else. Did consider a 4S with Powerkit. The thing is if you spec up the 4S it will end up over & above the GT3's price & still not as fast. That is the main reason for ignoring the 4S.
Best option is to try both & take it from there. At this point in time my head goes for the Turbo S & my heart - GT3.
I will try to post some acceleration figures of the Turbo S, GT3 & their competitors if I can. Cheers mate!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back