Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to say bye to the 991 C2S

durgesh

Trainee
http://ucl.porsche.de/uk/ucl/clients.start_ipl?fin_=WP0ZZZ99ZCS112161

Sold the car to West London, last weekend.

I don't usually keep cars for more than 2-3 years, and thought it was the right time to let her go.

Just seen her come up on the used car search, makes me remember what a great car she was.

Been about 20 months of ownership from new, and honestly one of the best cars I have owned.

Hopefully finds a good home.

What's your opinion of the electronic steering, having owned it for 20 months? Does it make for a very different feel, or is it something that's just being overblown by motoring journalists?

997 C2. With PASM. And brand new Michelin Sports.

Going to wait for a few months and see how things go.
Ideally would want to go back to something starting with "GT..." ;-)

The electronic steering... basically the main difference is the that wheel does not "dance" over every surface, like the 997 letting you know what's under you.

However there is plenty of feel on the electronic steering once you load it up, I really don't think it is something to get caught up in the hype about. Still way better than most sports cars out there. And from what I have read, the newer 991 models have steering improvements, that makes it just as good as the past 911.

Because the wheel does not jump around so much, it is a much easier car to drive day to day, you don't feel like you are fighting the surface all the time.

Out of the 3's 911 I have owned, this is the best, and that is saying something considering the other two where higher up in the model range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back