Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil leaking!!!

Mark Houghton

Are oil leaks quite common on these engines? Car has done 140k but drives fine. Seems to be leaking from oil pipe between tank and engine mainly plus a few drips from elsewhere under engine. This may sound a bit daft but am I looking at an engine rebuild or can I just keep putting oil catchers under car and keep driving it? Perhaps I could change the external oil pipes etc.
Any advice or previous experiences would be great. Thank you

Hi All, Anyone had / got any oil leaks? Can I take it from the lack of replies this is not a common problem with the 3.0 sc engine. I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks Mark :eek:

Mark,

common on ALL air cooled engines don`t fall in to the trap/myth you need an engine rebuild, check the fittings on your main oil pipes you could try and nip them up if your luck enough to get them to move . Stick some carboard under it in the garage then drive it and enjoy it.

you will find a lot of good info over on www.impactbumpers.com

Gaz

Thanks for the advice Gaz I'll take a look at the Impact bumpers site too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back