Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1979 911SC Sportomatic

cg_race

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and 911's, although my first car was a beetle 30 years ago, if that counts...

The aforementioned Sportomatic is my first classic car and Porsche.
It has some idiosyncrasies, the main one being that when changing gear from L1 to D and D2, the clutch seems to be slipping;
Simple questions:-
Is the Torque converter fed oil from Engine or transmission ?
And if transmission could the level be low; ? I've checked the engine oil level and this is optimum.
Is the 'slipping' likely to be TC or clutch issue ?

The heater is on full blast.
Is this just the cable on the lever next to the drivers seat (RHD) ?? that could be broken ?
It has the thermostatic control between the seats which doesn't seem to do anything, could this be at fault ?
When set to off, as in the diagram inside the glove box describing the heater controls on the dashboard, there is movement from screen to feet, but I still cannot reduce the temperature.

Is the Sportomatic register still going ?, I have some good history with the car and will try and make contact, but maybe someone knows ?

I'm looking forward to a little bit of tinkering so please anyone with any ideas, post back, Thanks.
CG.

Attachments

• 911sc_sportomatic_1979_141.jpg
    911sc_sportomatic_1979_141.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,381

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back