Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I know no one here is interested but....

scottuk

Hockenheim
Our Diesel Cayenne was delivered to my wife whilst I was at sea, couldn't wait to return home to get to know the big oil burner.

Desided to pack the clan into the car on Wednesday, and set off for a couple of days break at Alton Towers, some 300+ miles away, although the Cayenne does not sport as many interior comforts as our old Lexus RX, it is a dam fine place to pilot from, with a commanding view, and real road presence, ride was left in non-sport setting, cruise set at a sensible 85 (KPH honestly!) and pleased to report an average fuel return of 33mpg.

The PCM system is an absolute delight, a massive improvement over the PCM 2 fitted in our 996,

Our Cayenne is a 3.0L diesel, I wondered if the shear bulk of the car would be too much for the engine, but it genuinely has a good burst of power, with plenty torque, and would easily leave the old Lexi for dead, in both speed, and handling on the tight inclines around Alton's

So am I glad I bought the ugly pig? You bet your ass, it's a fantastic car, less common than a RRS, or X5, and I get to drive a Porsche every time we go out now.

I'll go now and leave you all to talk 911's

Happy owner :)

fantastic! any niggles / things you dont like? boot space seems small for a 4x4? also, is visibility okay?

Niggles? No, differences from our RX? yes, it does feel it's size, especially amplified on the narrow green lanes in and around Stoke on our recent trip.

Motorway, and city ( our natural habitat) it's great, my wife did mention she thought the 'A' pillar had a particular blind spot, I never noticed until she mentioned it, yes on roundabouts, I do find my head bobbing about to catch the best view of where I want to be, everything else is just about perfect.

If you are thinking of one, try one out, you will not be disappointed, they, like all use Porsche products, offer amazing value for money! And plenty of owner satisfaction! :thumb:

Oh yeah, the Basalt Black paint takes a lot of looking after!!!

any pics?

My missus is dead keen on the X6 (possibily the X5), but I quite like the new shape Cayenne.

Hi

I personally dislike all 4*4's but think the Porsche has to be a far better choice than the X6 which is a truly unique mix of hideousness and pointlessness.

That is not to say I have anything against BMW's as such. My sister has just bought a new X3 and having had a very close look at it I find myself impressed. I guess because it shares something the Cayenne has which is a basic honesty and lack of pretentiousness.

I also think Cayenne 3.0 diesel is the one to get.

Berni

Hi Kench,

Unfortunately I could not convince myself that a 2010 Cayenne MK3 was worth £20K more than a MK2! as nice as the newer interior is and all.

Think I've done not too bad considering this was going to be a new Golf! :grin:

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_cayenne_004_186.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_cayenne_004_186.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,943
And another!

Attachments

• cayenne_196.png
    cayenne_196.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 2,940
  • rsz_1rsz_cayenne_001_198.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_cayenne_001_198.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 2,938
scottuk said:
Hi Kench,

Unfortunately I could not convince myself that a 2010 Cayenne MK3 was worth £20K more than a MK2! as nice as the newer interior is and all.

Think I've done not too bad considering this was going to be a new Golf! :grin:

Agree, I also run a 2009 957 Gen Cayenne Diesel, although it's mostly subjected to City driving.

MPG on longer motorway runs does creep up to 30mpg but in and around London I am lucky to average 22mpg.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back