Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Viper Green 993

Frosty993

Followed a bright green 993 through Hemel Hempstead /Leverstock Green yesterday evening - and it looked really good - and quite unusual I think.

Anyone from this forum ?

Long-standing resident of St Albans. I saw it twice the other day (after a long gap). I am endeavouring to make contact. Fantastic colour - not sure if Viper?

I'm not sure about colour either - but its similar to Viper green. Good number plate too.

Might be Signal Green (colour from previous 911 series, option 998).

Sounds like a nice colour for the 993 shape ?

Of the solid greens, there's Porsche Green (997 GT3 RS), which is often mistaken for the infamous '73 Viper Green. Then there's Emerald Green which is actually exactly the same as Viper Green (!). And finally there's Signal Green which is actually different to Viper Green. Hope that makes some sense ;-)

Will

Mother of God.....PLEASE tell me someone has pics of this. :eek:

On the case - was too slow with iPhone last time. It's a well-known car near here and looks fantastic with nice number plate.

timothymoffat said:
Mother of God.....PLEASE tell me someone has pics of this. :eek:
...bump - any pics? never seen a Viper Green 993 before :)

wfarrell said:

Of the solid greens, there's Porsche Green (997 GT3 RS), which is often mistaken for the infamous '73 Viper Green. Then there's Emerald Green which is actually exactly the same as Viper Green (!). And finally there's Signal Green which is actually different to Viper Green. Hope that makes some sense ;-)
Will

........ and then there is Aventura ........ which resembles non of the above ....... :)

Hisss! Here's your viper chap.

Attachments

• img_1458_130.jpg
    img_1458_130.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9,487
madalaa said:
wfarrell said:

Will

........ and then there is Aventura ........ which resembles non of the above ....... :)

Yep, Aventura is the undisputed king of the greens!

Attachments

• img_1460_267.jpg
    img_1460_267.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 9,479
MattyR said:
Thanks!

However, that one is as follows:

Untaxed | Tax due: 01 August 2013
No MOT | Expired: 31 July 2012

So, could be a different one to the one referred to in the first post, given that one was seen 'in the wild' in July 2013, and with a "good number plate too."

ch3tman said:
MattyR said:
Thanks!

However, that one is as follows:

Untaxed | Tax due: 01 August 2013
No MOT | Expired: 31 July 2012

So, could be a different one to the one referred to in the first post, given that one was seen 'in the wild' in July 2013, and with a "good number plate too."

:lol: Hahaha I've just seen the dates of the post and just thought you were after a pic of a general Viper Geen 993! What a wally, sorry! Yeh the pic I posted was an internet grab. Whoops. Hope your find the Hemel 993!

It's a narrow bodied 993 (C2 from memory) with no spoilers....when I last saw it. St.Albans based car.

The viper green looks perfect on a 993👍

I'm keen to see pics of the other car.

There was an Exclusive /PTS 991 at Reading a couple of years ago in a beautiful early Porsche green (non metallic).👍👍👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back