Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NNZ 911 plate for sale

surfymark

Monza
I know how these threads go and I would really appreciate it if you could keep the thread fairly clean if at all possible.

I also realise that not many people will have the initials NNZ but I think the 911 on this plate finishes off any 911 nicely. I used to have it on my (now sold) 996 Turbo and I think it looked good. It also hides the age of the car, many (admittedly non-Porsche) people assumed the car was much newer than it actually was.

Anyway, I have been advised that this plate is worth £2.5k+ so I would like to see £1,995 for this but will consider offers (of cash only).

The plate is already on retention certificate so the sale can be nice and quick.

Many thanks
Mark

surfymark said:
Anyway, I have been advised that this plate is worth £2.5k+

Sound advice. Can we know who?

PeterS said:
surfymark said:
Anyway, I have been advised that this plate is worth £2.5k+

Sound advice. Can we know who?

The dealer that I sold the car to (a well known dealer on here) and also the dealer I bought the car from originally (when I tried to sell him the car back).

I then went to two different reg sellers who told me about the same but weren't interested in buying the plate. One did advertise it for me but I haven't had any buyers through them as yet.

I am happy to consider offers of course.

cheers
Mark

Try eBay :dont know: Personally if a dealer thinks its worth that much I'd try to get them to buy it for £6-800. That way there is a decent profit in it IF they ever sell it and you've come away with some cash on the hip :thumb:

Hi Zingari,

yes I will be trying eBay at some point. I just thought there might be some newer members on here who might be interested. I know this is the first place I looked when buying one.

The dealers I spoke to oddly were just not interested in buying the reg at all at any price! I am considering part-exing it with one of them for something more name-related that I can use on any car now I don't have a Porsche but I am not really a big fan of name related plates and can't find one I like!

I would love to have another Porsche and probably will again at some point but now is just not the right time and the plate will not look right on a Ford! :)

I guess I could just keep it in case but I would rather someone made use of it.

cheers
M

Hi
This is just an FYI and not a exact comparison to what you are selling
I had a plate W2 EVO on my old car it was valued by dealers at £2500 they even had similar plates for sale at that price but none would even put in an offer for it. Sold on eBay for £600. It's just a case of supply and demand at the time :nooo:

Now sold (for a lot less than I paid for it!) back to the dealer I bought it from.

Thanks
Mark

Out of interest, so we can know what prices are, how much did they give you for it?

AFAIAA most dealers don't hold stock, so would be found a buyer before giving you any money.

PeterS said:
Out of interest, so we can know what prices are, how much did they give you for it?

AFAIAA most dealers don't hold stock, so would be found a buyer before giving you any money.

Yes no problem.

So I bought the plate several years ago now for £1,100 including all fees and vat etc.

I sold it back to the same dealer for £700 all in about a year ago (so I owned it for about 2-3 years I guess). This is what they claimed I bought it for (I hadn't realised at the time exactly how much it actually cost me in terms of the fees and vat etc).

The dealer was Cape Plates which I notice now seems to have been bought out by (or renamed to) The Private Plate Co.

I notice their site has several reasonably ok priced plates on there now for 911s (although most are from DVLA so could probably be bought cheaper directly): https://www.theprivateplateco.co.uk/search/911/

Hope this helps.
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back