Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear speaker size 89 cabriolet

Danny T

Hey guys
My rear speakers are knackered
Toying with the idea of getting some rear speakers
Understand they need to be shallow because of the roof me has ism
What size should I get 5.25 ?
Must retain the original grilles

Thanks in advance
Dan

I just replaced them this week - I have a 1988 Targa....I fitted JL Audio Tr400-Cxi . You can get them on Amazon. They are round speakers but come supplied with a 6x4 frame that you can mount them in and the frame mounts directly to the car. No drilling or cutting required. A huge improvement in sound quality - to such an extent that the front speakers now sound really poor!
Only disadvantage is that whilst the 911 grills fit over the top of the frame, they do not clip onto the frame ...the grills are marginally larger. I just used blutack to stick down the grill on each corner and it seems fine.

I have recently done this to, had the same problem with the grilles, but realised if you fit the speaker under the frame, rather than on top, the grilles fit perfectly,

Cheers Carl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back