Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

50th Anni 991 Special Retro Edition unveiled [£92,257]

GT4

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911-50/uk.aspx

Porsche 911 50 Years Edition unveiled

Porsche is celebrating 50 years of its 911 with a special edition version that is scheduled to reach UK showrooms in September.

Limited to 1963 units worldwide "” 1963 being the year in which the 911 was born "” the 50 Years Edition is based on the 395bhp 911 Carrera S.

Mechanical tweaks include a wider body that's usually reserved for Carrera 4 models, dynamic cornering lights, a specially tuned PASM suspension system and a sports exhaust.

With the seven-speed manual transmission the 911 50 Years Edition can dispatch the 0-62mph sprint in 4.5sec and hit 186mph.

In dual-clutch automatic 'PDK' form, it can achieve 0-62mph in a quicker 4.3sec but reach a slightly slower 185mph. Combined economy is a claimed 29.7mpg and 32.5mpg respectively.

Styling changes include 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels inspired by the classic Fuchs wheels, special badges, different wing mirrors, two colour choices unique to the 50 Years Edition and bespoke chrome trim.

Inside, there are myriad modifications that pay homage to the original 911. The dials are finished in green, with white pointer needles and silver caps on the instrument pivot pins, while the seat fabric is reminiscent of the original tartan design from the 1960s. 

Additionally, the trim inlays on the dashboard, door cards, centre console and transmission surround are finished in brushed aluminium. 

Standard equipment includes a limited-slip differential with torque vectoring, 14-way electrically adjustable seats, a 4.6-inch colour sat-nav and media system, climate control and bi-xenon headlights.

The Porsche 911 50 Years Edition is available to order now, priced from £92,257. The first UK deliveries will arrive in September.

porsche-50-911-5.jpg

porsche-50-911-1.jpg

porsche-50-911-2.jpg

porsche-50-911-3.jpg

porsche-50-911-4.jpg

porsche-50-911-6.jpg

porsche-50-911-7.jpg

porsche-50-911-8.jpg

porsche-50-911-9.jpg

porsche-50-911-10.jpg

porsche-50-911-11.jpg

porsche-50-911-12.jpg

Press Release

The Porsche 911 resolves apparent contradictions like no other sports car – such as between tradition and innovation or between exclusivity and high social acceptance, and of course between performance and efficiency. And so, Porsche is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 911 at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt with a special anniversary model based on the 911 Carrera S: like the original 911, the 911 50th Anniversary Edition is a coupé with a flat-six rear engine and rear wheel drive. Its efficient performance, active sport suspension – and special body have current relevancy: the anniversary 911 features the wide body, which is typically reserved for the all-wheel drive Carrera 4 models. This special edition will be limited to 1963 cars, a number that represents the year of the 911 world premiere.

Porsche will present the limited edition model in time for the 50th anniversary of the 911 at the IAA motor show in Frankfurt, which opens its gates to the public on September 12, 2013. In 1963, Porsche presented the original model to the public at this leading international show for the automotive industry. Since its first presentation – initially as the type 901 – the sports car icon has excited automotive fans across the globe, and today it is considered the reference for all other sports cars. Since making its debut in 1963, the model series has progressively developed without interruption. In the process, the unique character of the 911 was always preserved. The result of this evolution over a 50-year period – which included countless race victories as well – is a sports car that fully embodies the authenticity of the Porsche brand. Its DNA is reflected in all Porsche models.

This limited edition of the 400 hp (294 kW) 911 Carrera S includes features that have contributed to the 50-year success story of the 911. For example, the limited edition includes Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with special tuning to complement its increased track width and to add support to the exceptional cornering dynamics of the 911. The sport exhaust system outputs a fitting emotional sound. Special 20-inch wheels are a visual tribute to the legendary 'Fuchs" wheels and are finished in matte black paint with machine-polished centres. Chrome trim strips on the front air inlets, the fins of the engine compartment grille and the panel between the rear lights emphasise the distinctive appearance of this limited edition model. Another technical highlight of the car's equipment is the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) with bi-xenon headlights and dynamic cornering lights

Two unique colours are available for the anniversary 911, a darker graphite grey and a lighter geyser grey metallic. In addition black monochrome is also available. Each of the cars has a two-tone 3D-effect badge on the rear lid with the numbers '911 50". This is repeated in three colour embroidery on the headrest and in two colours as a logo on the tachometer and the aluminium door sill plates. It can also be found on the cup holder panel  together with the limited edition number of the individual vehicle. Other exterior characteristics of the special model are high-gloss window frames and sport design exterior mirrors on the doors panels.

There are tributes to the original 911 in the interior as well: green labelling on the instruments with white pointer needles and silver caps on the instrument pivot pins, just like 50 years ago. Another special feature is the centre panels of the leather seats, which are designed with a fabric pattern reminiscent of the 'Pepita" tartan design from the 1960s. The full-leather interior is designed in agate grey or black with decorative stitching, some in contrasting colour. The driver and front passenger experience typical 911 driving fun in 14-way sport seats or optional 18-way sport seats plus. The gear shift or selector lever – which matches the decorative panels on the dashboard, doors and centre console in brushed aluminium – comes from the Porsche Exclusive program.

The 911 50th Anniversary Edition sprints from zero to 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds (4.3 with PDK) and can reach a top speed of 300 km/h (298 with PDK). The car's NEDC combined fuel consumption is 9.5 l/100 km (8.7 with PDK), which equates to CO2 emissions of 224 g/km (205 with PDK). The limited edition models will be available at Porsche dealers starting September 23, 2013, and in Germany they will cost 121,119 euros including VAT and country-specific features.

Porsche 911 50th Anniversary Edition: Fuel consumption City 13.8–12.2 l/100 km; Highway 7.1–6.2 l/100 km; Combined 9.5–8.7 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 224–205 g/km

Attachments

• 99150_02_150.jpg
    99150_02_150.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 77,691
  • 99150_03_146.jpg
    99150_03_146.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 77,691
  • 99150_04_146.jpg
    99150_04_146.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 77,691
  • 99150_06_141.jpg
    99150_06_141.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 77,691
  • 99150_07_107.jpg
    99150_07_107.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 77,691
Love the retro touches, I like it, maybe a little duck tail would work for me, but stunning all the same :mrgreen:

Absolutely love it!

Love the Colour, the wheels all the retro styling which is BIG in fashion today.

Might even be tempted myself!

Porsche have done a nice job on the Anni - really like it. Shame about the price tag

I'm normally not keen on special editions as I see them as a bit of a con - particularly if they are primarily cosmetic.

However, if anything is worth commemorating, the 50th anniversary of the world's greatest car is surely it. I also do not think that the price is too outrageous.

Presumably manual transmission can not be specified - even as an option. For me a mistake - that would make the car rare indeed and increase its desireability say 40 years from now when we all have gear changes coded to our brain wave patterns. :?:

As a subscript: I also liked the 50th anniversary edition of the Rolex Submariner (for similar reasons) and figured on getting one to hand down to my son, who would then be in a position to purchase the 100th anniversary in 2053. As a pair, they may even have some value (green bezels and all)

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I really like it too :oops:

Those wheels look stunning :thumb:

Goose said:
Presumably manual transmission can not be specified - even as an option.

:?

It mentions the 7 speed manual transmission in the original piece.

Re: 50th Anni unveiled

GT4 said:
while the seat fabric is reminiscent of the original tartan design from the 1960s.
porsche-50-911-7.jpg

Nice to see the return of the Hound's Tooth (Style 730) seat fabric. Very nice too!

Re: 50th Anni unveiled

autocar said:
With the seven-speed manual transmission the 911 50 Years Edition can dispatch the 0-62mph sprint in 4.5sec and hit 186mph.

Oh dear - my bad. I must have miseed that bit in my enthusiasm to scroll down to the pictures :grin:

Love it. :thumb:

There's conflicting reports of how many colours it'll be available in. Some say 2, others say 3. Personally I'd have just released one.

That's the first 991 I've seen that I've felt anything for. In fact I absolutely love it!

The retro elements aren't at all kitsch; those dials are gorgeous as are the seats and wheels. The decklid grill and trim between the lights is really clever too.

I want one. In that colour.

Should I go for a 7 speed manual (aren't that supposed to be crap?) or a PDK?

Love the fuchs inspired wheels! Not too sure on the seats though

Re: 50th Anni 991 Special Edition unveiled [395bhp for £92,

porsche-50-911-8.jpg

Bellissimo :thumb: :thumb:

I like the polished petals Fuchsalikes (as opposed to the SportClassic blacks)

Retro or not, I'd want full leather.

Lack of standard PowerKit (option?) is a missed opportunity.

I dislike the almost "356" (OK, so it was on the 901 too) chromed rear grill (too fussy).

Agreed on all counts GT4 except that rear grill. I like that and is smarter than the 4's reflective strip (+ obviously its only rear wheel drive = :D )

Mmmm very nice indeed :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back