Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gap insurance

Did you buy your Porsche with Gap insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mrcityrunner

Monza
just wanted to run a poll on gap Insurance and how many people took it out at the showroom when offered it on finance....

Its far cheaper through a third-party and I think on a new car it does actually make sense.

Thanks Spyderman - the car is 3 years old... from a main dealer... they are offering gap Insurance at £50 per month... is it possible to get it from a 3rd party cheaper and can it be taken out afterwards?

I took out a gap policy when I bought my M3 in March.

Check out http://easygap.co.uk/

Good value for money and, in my opinion, a no brainer for a car purchased from new.

Cheers Goose - ill check them out ;)

I paid up front for their gap Insurance when I bought mine - worked out at £25/month for the additional peace of mind...

hmm - they said its £1200 for 2 years... which is of course £600 a year... £50 a month. I guess that expensive... i better shop around for an alternative...[/quote]

I just paid £600 for 3 years I shopped around found cheaper but watch the small print as some only pay to where the bid would be on the car not to replace! Being the proud owner of my first 911 for a week the thought of going without my car for any period of time is to painful to contemplate.

3 types of Gap

RTI return to invoice price, does what it says on the tin

Finance shortfall Gap ,will cover any shortfall between Insurance payout and paying off finance only

Fixed sum Gap this will be an ""up to"" set limit of money

Shop around ,look at what you could get back in terms of pay out

The bucket shop ones are to be avoided

Note all Gap will require the car to have Fully comp Insurance

A lot of you own Insurance providers will do Gap as a bolt on

I hope this helps :thumb:

Or you could have bought an air-cooled car and then you wouldn't need to worry as you wouldn't have any depreciation. :wink:

Seriously though as others have said, do your homework on Insurance products, understand the different types of product and shop around. Gap Insurance through the dealer is a lazy way of giving the dealer money for nothing.

rottenbend said:
Or you could have bought an air-cooled car and then you wouldn't need to worry as you wouldn't have any depreciation. :wink:

Seriously though as others have said, do your homework on Insurance products, understand the different types of product and shop around. Gap Insurance through the dealer is a lazy way of giving the dealer money for nothing.

Having said that ,a dealer Gap will be the most comprehensive as its tailored to the marque but my advice is negotiate Hard on the price :wink:

Our Honda gap is £349 for 3 years with a £25k max payout :D

Thanks appreciate the advice.. I will shop.around. I feel better not having taken it at the garage as it did seem a bit steep...

Why not get a quote elsewhere which has the same coverage as the Porsche offering and then see if Porsche will match/get close to it. I bet you they will :wink:

Go in with quotes from other providers. They may not shift too much on the price of their product, but might offer some other incentive...:thumb:

Edit: damn, beaten to the punch!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back