Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking about getting the New 991 Turbo S?

What would you choose?

• Get the New 991 Turbo S?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the 991 C2S?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

netguru

I am even thinking of buying the new 991 Turbo S? (Part-Exchange my 991 C2S which I have done just shy of 6,000 miles in now)

Still trying to justify will it be too fast for the UK roads to thrash & have Fun?

Is it good value?

WIll the turbo S have the great sound? or muted like the 997 Turbo S?

Comments would be much appreciated?

Attachments

• 311300_290770934374435_857172680_n_938.jpg
    311300_290770934374435_857172680_n_938.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 7,252
Last week i was in the same dilemma. I've had my 991 C4S coupe since march 1st and done around 3k miles. Pics here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=81805

991 turbo s comes with loads of options as standard and i even specced one up and it came to around £147k. However i spoke to lamborghini/bentley leicester who told me the new gallardo will be released march 2014 with customer cars delivered september 2014. It will most likely have a dual clutch and be designed to be used everyday, all speculation though.

This is why i'm not going to bother with the turbo s yet. Will probably wait for the gen 2 turbo s i think.

I heard from a report that the turbo has a sound symposer

Yes saw your pics. Fantastic car!

I'm still enjoying my car too much and feel that if I get the turbo I might lose that trashability!

So why upgrade?

Just because the turbo is faster does not make it better.

I think I'm going to wait till I see one in the flesh and read the press test drives first.

I think that makes sense!

An everyday Lambo? That would be a first. My mate had one, and while it was a blast it was really a toy for the odd Sunday. He hardly drove it, then Sold it!

I just love the 911 for the everyday drivability, plus I feel special every time I get in it.

The turbo is no doubt ballistic, but can you really use that power?

I own Motorbikes and used to race them. I had a Ducati 999R it was GREAT on the racetrack, just too fast for the road, so I sold it and bought a Ducati Multistrada, more than fast enough for the road, in fact a lot more enjoyable and FUN and can still scare me when I want it too!

Makes sense?

Most likely too fast for british roads but i bet it'll be a hell of a car.

True about previous lambos not being everyday cars but i'm sure the research and developement team from VW have changed things a lot now.

Ferrari are heading into everyday car territory too with the F12, FF and 458 and they are so confident they giving that 7 year service pack. Previous lambos and ferraris would probably break after a few launches but i think the newer models with twin clutch gearboxes and involvment from VW i would like to think they can be run everyday. Even if it does break i'll still have the warranty

netguru said:
I am even thinking of buying the new 991 Turbo S? (Part-Exchange my 991 C2S which I have done just shy of 6,000 miles in now)

Still trying to justify will it be too fast for the UK roads to thrash & have Fun?

Is it good value?

WIll the turbo S have the great sound? or muted like the 997 Turbo S?

Comments would be much appreciated?

Considering the S has all the must have Turbo options, it would be the car to go for.

It's controlled PDK drive technology means it will be very safe within your diving limits.

On all accounts it is the full beans.

I am sure the Turbo will be amazing , but looks wise it is a bit disappointing...

Jam911 said:
I am sure the Turbo will be amazing , but looks wise it is a bit disappointing...

Ditto - the 991 do not excite me at all. The Gen 2 still looks way better.

I think the new turbo is the best looking turbo ever made and the same goes for the whole 991 series

Oh no it isn't !

Lol

im with Dipesh on that one.

I agree both outside & even more inside, best looking 911's ever, in fact I would say the same about the WHOLE Porsche range.

There all stunning, so much so thats why I bought the New 991 :)

I'm incredibly happy with it & love the PDK too (much better than the 7 speed manual) :)

Well as an X50 turbo owner and having tst driven NA cars, the Turbo is seriously fast - there is simply no comparison to the sheer torque and power of a turbo versus a NA car. 996 X50 Turbo is 450bhp and phenomenal torque. The 997 and 991 will be higher still and I am sure that this difference will be true even for 997 and 991 cars. The Turbo is the flagship model - specced to the hilt as standard and goes like greased lightning. If you found the Duke scary for the power, you'll feel the same with a Turbo. It just gets up to silly speeds in the blink of an eye and is a serious licence-loser proposition.

On the financials - you will lose shed loads on depreciation both ways - on trading in the current car and then changing the Turbo. But you know that anyway and presumably it doesn't bother you.

On Lambo/Ferrari - spend more time in workshops being tinkered than driven. Not practical everyday cars - same also for Maserati. Anything Italian is no match for every day usability and moderate running costs of a Porsche - whichever one you have.

cheshire911 said:
On Lambo/Ferrari - spend more time in workshops being tinkered than driven. Not practical everyday cars - same also for Maserati. Anything Italian is no match for every day usability and moderate running costs of a Porsche - whichever one you have.

I agree with previous italian cars not being everyday cars, however i am confident that VW would have improved things a lot with the new bull coming out next year. Lambo boss said it in a interview too

Unfortunately, try as they will to change people's perception with all the research etc. the poor reliability of italian exotica precedes them. Before parting with their cash, prospective owners will (should?) let some other mug terst the water to see if they have overcome their stigma of prior years.

Strange this stigma thing. I can remember in the 70's the Fiat cars and Lancia Fulvia and Alfa Romeos all rottign away before my very eyes and those hopeless elctricaal items from Magneti Marelli all screwed up, unreliable and poor build quality that to this day I have never and will never look at any of these three brands - the poor reliability and rot box views imprinted in my mind have stillnot been erased.

But Porsche from the 70's. Different story. Rock solid build and reliability - apart from some corrosion issues on earlier 911's (scuttle board etc.) but overall still better than itaalina rot boxes.

I rest my case. For me the Turbo is the ulitmate. Lambo's and Ferrari's draw heads on the few miles they are driven - but mostly draw heads and attention of mechanics in the workshops.

cheshire911 said:
Unfortunately, try as they will to change people's perception with all the research etc. the poor reliability of italian exotica precedes them. Before parting with their cash, prospective owners will (should?) let some other mug terst the water to see if they have overcome their stigma of prior years.

Strange this stigma thing. I can remember in the 70's the Fiat cars and Lancia Fulvia and Alfa Romeos all rottign away before my very eyes and those hopeless elctricaal items from Magneti Marelli all screwed up, unreliable and poor build quality that to this day I have never and will never look at any of these three brands - the poor reliability and rot box views imprinted in my mind have stillnot been erased.

But Porsche from the 70's. Different story. Rock solid build and reliability - apart from some corrosion issues on earlier 911's (scuttle board etc.) but overall still better than itaalina rot boxes.

I rest my case. For me the Turbo is the ulitmate. Lambo's and Ferrari's draw heads on the few miles they are driven - but mostly draw heads and attention of mechanics in the workshops.

OUCH! Shhhhh, keep it down mate, my Maserati will hear you and something else will go wrong with it, I love the Italian cars to death BUT hes right, the 911 Turbo is the best car ever and I wouldnt give mine up for anything in the world.

Should you buy the new 991 Turbo S netguru? Of course you should, why are you even thinking about it? Just do it, that car is absolutely incredible. If you cant decide just give me the money and ill make the decision for you and even deliver it to you aswell, you will be getting the Turbo, you know you want it, right cheshire911?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back