Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Cayenne Diesel - Flat Battery

cjbarella

Hi, after owning my new Cayenne Diesel for just 3 weeks, would not start one morning, seemed like a flat battery. RAC agreed, completely flat battery, suggested taking it for a run, which I did just over 30 miles.

parked up for the night, once again following morning flat battery. My Cayenne was then recovered to Porsche. They had the car for a week and a half, over the last bank holiday weekend. They said they found no faults, recharged the battery, monitored the car for 3 further days, and then gave it back to me.

After just 2 days of driving the car again, same problem, flat battery and would not start. So once again, my Cayenne is back at the dealer which is where it has been since Monday..

Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

Hi,

Don't know if this is relevant but when I got my new diesel Cayenne (2012) it kept coming up with low battery warning...the battery did not go flat but stop/start etc. did not work properly etc.. Ultimately it was fixed by replacing a faulty switch (in the boot I believe) which is used to switch electrics on when car is delivered to Dealer i.e. it's switched off during transport from factory. So maybe it's that switch?

Cheers,

Dieter

cjbarella said:
Hi, after owning my new Cayenne Diesel for just 3 weeks, would not start one morning, seemed like a flat battery. RAC agreed, completely flat battery, suggested taking it for a run, which I did just over 30 miles.

parked up for the night, once again following morning flat battery. My Cayenne was then recovered to Porsche. They had the car for a week and a half, over the last bank holiday weekend. They said they found no faults, recharged the battery, monitored the car for 3 further days, and then gave it back to me.

After just 2 days of driving the car again, same problem, flat battery and would not start. So once again, my Cayenne is back at the dealer which is where it has been since Monday..

Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

There is clearly a battery drain somewhere

Which OPC did it go into ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back