Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Correct use of a whaletail...

Chester J Lampwick

IMG_0090.jpg

I got up at 5am and went and collected her from Cameron Cars near Bath yesterday, here's the whaletail being put to good use at a roadside snackbar.

A brief spell at 100mph, on a private road, of course, showed her to be rock solid, with no rattles or squeaks. A bit of wind noise, but the sunroof needs a new sealing strip around the opening.

I did feel a bit small amongst the lorries, and have nearly got used to the hair trigger clutch. Off out for another practice later. ;)

Nice one chum :thumb:

What's it like in the wet weather - no leaks :dont know:

No, well I haven't got wet yet.

I was a bit worried about the sunroof sealing strip, but no drips yet - I'm off to look for one online next.

ETA: Ordered - Design911

A quick update, we're now 2000 miles down the road, I've been to South Wales, and the Goodwood FOS, and used it as a daily driver (though luckily I work from home) no problems. I will be going to the Silverstone MotoGP camping, I reckon if I take everything I can get on the motorbike it should fit, anything else I squeeze in is a bonus.

I fixed the sunroof strip, the dreaded autoheat (helped by the guys at I.B.) and the original alarm, but no real issues, and all is dry inside. I did spend 2 grand on a carport in a moment of paranoia, an outdoor cover is coming before winter, though I may even SORN and store her through the worst of winter - I'm going to buy a cheap runabout for the salt season.

Unfortunately it does seem to run sweetest on BP Ultimate Unleaded, £1.55 at my local garage. :(

It sounds like a tappet is clacking away, I have the gaskets and the gapping tool ready, and may take the plunge next weekend. I squashed a finger playing trains last weekend (I volunteer on our local steam railway), as the job looks fiddly with 10 fingers I'm giving it a week for the swelling to go down, rather than try with 9.

Cool :thumb: glad all is working-out ok. Though I can't believe the engine management system can differentiate the higher RON from 95? Has it been 'tuned' in the past specially for a certain RON?

BTW what silver is that?

AFIK the DME system is bog stock, maybe its in my head that it runs better on the superunleaded, I have read that the system retunes for low octane, but 10.5 to 1 is rather high compression. At the risk of strting an octane thread, what do others use?

The colour is Irisblau metallic, 33P, its just my low res mobile telephone that makes it look silver. Or your monitor.

At least he knows not to touch (he only uses tongs now)

He's serving a sausage up for Deidre :dont know:

Dont forget a trip out to Oulton Park for the Gold Cup 25-26 Aug BH weekend. There's a thread somewhere with link details for free admission.

I've paid the grand total of £1.80 for two (postage costs for the tickets :thumb: )

/\/\ Booked it, and the parade lap, thanks for the heads up, Brian, see you there.

Last year I went with a mate who had blagged free tickets via a racer, and I was rather smitten by an orange 912 I saw in the Porsche parking area, which lit a little flame of desire......

This year I am returning the favour by taking him as my free passenger. At 6 foot 7 he looks funny in a 911, but got to the FOS and back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back