Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my new 911 and a small niggle

Wylecoyote

Silverstone
Hi Guys , new to the Forum , first post -- hope to be quite a regular now ive found it

ive got a 911 Carrera 2 S Oct 12 Regsitration , (piccy added) bought Feb 13 with 500 Miles on clock -Porsche Approved used --- the car is incredible , smiles across the face , however just lately i have a niggly problem , just wondered if any one else had it and how to remedy

when sound is down or Low and cruising along on say a decent road , im getting a small rattling noise from the dash --seems like either the vent or the speaker ( on passenger side )
Has anyone else had anything like this ? , if so how did it get resolved
can something like this be returned under the Porsche approved used schemem for investigation --would it be warranty covered --Am i being too picky to expect that an £85k car shouldnt rattle

Any info appreciated guys , before this drives me nuts and spoils my 911 dream

:welcome:

Argh, the dreaded phantom rattle :pc:

I've still got one but haven't figured out where it is coming from :sad: While it may sound like it is coming from the dash it doesn't always follow that the dash is to blame - a loose rear seat, vibration in the rear view mirror or the glovebox handle have all been known culprits...

Pop it down to the OPC as they should (and probably could) resolve this for you.

Oh and a few pics would be nice :thumb:

Thnaks for the reply :)

will nip to Porsche --so i take it it will be covered -- how do i add piccs

last one failed to upload

If attaching a picture directly then it needs to be a JPG file and no larger than 256kb - try reducing the size of the pictures in something like microsoft paint, or else if you host the picture online somewhere (e.g. photobucket, picasa, flickr etc) then you can embed the link in your post for larger and higher quality images.

There are more techy guys on the forum who can help if you are still struggling...

here goes -- it was a size issue

Attachments

• 911__196.jpg
    911__196.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 8,800
Gorgeous car!

Mine had dash rattles, or squeaks, they were all resolved by the OPC, mine were coming from where the A-Pillar meets the dash, and from the vent in the centre top of the dash, this one is apparently common.

Hope apart from that you are enjoying your new P&J? :thumbs:

Liking that ^^^^

Is that with the Aerokit option? Any frontal shots please?

~ Maxie :thumbs:

sounds same as mine , around the A Pillar , dash , vents . At first i thought it was one of the speakers maybe crackling or something , but narrowed it down now -- it happens to a lesser extent on the drivers side but passenger
side is driving me a bit nuts ,,

I take it things like this are covered on warranty ?

The car is amazing , still learning how it handles , First ever 911 - Ive had an M3 and a Mas Gransport a few years ago but the speed of this thing is amazing -
ive read a lot of articles about the steering not being the same as older 911's but i cant tell the difference , aside from the rattle the build quality is very impressive --

I think once ive learned how to handle it I will need a track day :)

Heres the dealer shots , still havnt a decent set of piccys yet -- must get round to that

front spolier is very low -- took a speed bump on a corner quite quick and grazed the underside -- Ouch

Attachments

• wp0zzz99zds110653_1_385.jpg
    wp0zzz99zds110653_1_385.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 8,764
Yes it's covered, although if you just put a couple of drops of silicon spray in, you can resolve yourself...

911BlackEd said:
Yes it's covered, although if you just put a couple of drops of silicon spray in, you can resolve yourself...

just between a pillar and dash ?

Full Frontal Shot .. Yes came with the Aerokit option -- a guy chopped it in after 500 miles -- Might have been a squeaky dash that made him get rid off it ..
My Wife hates the White , but every car ive ever had has been safe and Black or silver so this time i thought what the hell , White seems very popular everywhere else

Attachments

• cimg3264_129.jpg
    cimg3264_129.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 8,753
Nice car OP :thumb: my 14 month old car's never had any rattles (thank goodness)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back