Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel colour, Weiss Gold or Black?

anotherGT2

Chris from Exel is collecting my wheels tomorrow for a much needed refurb and paint.

The question is to have them painted in Weiss Gold or Black?

Weiss gold seems to look very different depending on the lighting and from the pictures I've seen of it on the GT2 RS I think it looks great. But then so do black wheels.

I'm 80% convinced that Weiss Gold is the way to go, has anyone got any decent pictures of a black 911 with WG wheels?

Attachments

• gt2rs_728.jpg
    gt2rs_728.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 12,178
Wiess Gold wheels with your GT2 would be a certain head turning look.
Can't wait to see it, do it.
:mrgreen:

You're obviously hooked on the WG and that would scream 'look at me' even more! My (somewhat conservative) choice on a car like yours would be black with a silver/chrome contrast running around the rim circumference.

Either way, looking forward to seeing the results.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Cheers for the replies. The picture in my first post makes it look very goldy (not even sure that is Weiss Gold?), this picture is how it looks in most lights I guess.

It's not too 'look at me' is it? :oops: :D

Attachments

• gt3rs_164.jpg
    gt3rs_164.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12,163
kubatec-147317a-kopie.jpg

kubatec-147345-kopie.jpg

Cheers GT4, case closed, Weiss Gold it is :D

Gold looks Fab. :thumb:

Gold is our favourite colour at the moment :)

Looking forward to see you and the GT2 tomorrow Gavin. :thumb:

Are you letting him try some 15" Fuchs?

I must say although I know decals are so popular here but the gold decals with gold alloys look fantastic in those pictures, IMHO!
:roll:

GT4 said:
Are you letting him try some 15" Fuchs?

No they're out in use, and his discs are probably bigger than the tyres on them!

Probably true, don't think you'd get some 18"s on over the GT2 brakes!

So you have loan Fuchs :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back