Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 911 4S just ordered, wooooooh!

Mr.Boon

Hello all,

Forgive me for my silly topic subject, but I'm just filled with excitement at the moment. A few hours ago I ordered a new 2014 model 991 4S. They tell me it takes about 3 months to get the car delivered. I'm sure those will become the longest 3 months of my life....

I picked the 4S as I spend a few months of the year in a country with a fair amount of snow and bad weather, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

I have 2 questions:

1. I opted for the BOSE sound system. In combination with the PCM system, can I store music on the built-in hard drive, or is that only for navigation maps storage? I know the car has a USB slot also, so I guess I can hook up an iPod & USB sticks, but storing directly on the hard disk would be very handy too.

2. Collecting the car in Stuttgart. I didn't pay for this option yet, as they said I can add it at a later point. Has anyone done this? Can you recommend it? For me it would be an 1800km drive just to get home, which is quite far.

Cheers!

Mr.Boon

The answer to Q1 is yes, you can store music on the hard drive. Porsche calls it "jukebox". I haven't used it yet since the iPod interface is so good anyway. Full search capability via the PCM and displays artwork too.

No experience of factory collection but I have heard its quite an experience.....

Congrats on the order - people here have such good taste (i've ordered a 4S too :D )

What other bits are you going for, can be quite an expensive game when you start piling on the options.

Oh yeah tell me about it... I just went to the showroom to have a look really. I had seen a 991s in 2012 in Frankfurt on the auto show, but not seen a 4S in the flesh before. Luckily for me they had one in my local dealer, and I was hooked. Especially as the interior was 100% how I wanted it. It was impossible to walk out without placing an order. I live in south Europe, and it ended up being almost 160k euro, eeek :oops: ... It's A LOT more expensive here than in the UK.

911 4S (white) with all black interior
glass black electric sunroof
blacked out windows back and side
front window tinted a little at the top
PDK
PASM
sports chrono kit
steering assist
20" carrera classic wheels
tire pressure system
front/back parking sensors
BOSE audio system
sports steering wheel
sports exhaust
electric sports plus seats (with heating and ventilation)
cruise control
bluetooth connectivity
PCM with nav

I don't have the order here, so I'm sure I've forgotten something.

I was super surprised when I got told the car can be here in 3 months. I was going in there expecting 6 months, so it was a lovely surprise.

Only thing I'm not sure about yet is the factory delivery or just picking it up at my dealer here.

Congrats, you got a similar spec to me

4S 991 coupe
White
Carrera red leather
Parkassist front and rear
Electric glass sunroof
Folding mirrors
Privacy glass (side and rear windows)
Sport exhaust
PDK
Sports chrono pack
Power steering plus
20 inch carrera S wheels
Wheel centres
5mm spacers
Heated seats
Light design package
Sports seats plus
Sport design steering wheel
Mobile phone prep
BOSE surround sound

dipesh.tank love the look of yours! apart from the wheels, its very similar to mine. This morning I got a call from my dealer saying they can have the car ready in early June. That's less than 2 months! WOOOOP!

Quickly changed the order, upgraded the BOSE system to Burmester, upgraded the leather pack and added porsche logos to the seats. Can't wait!!

dipesh.tank would love to see more pics of your car!

New 911 4S just ordered, woooooooh!

Hi Mr Boon - many congratulations on a superb spec. :thumbs: A 4S with winter tyres should see you safely through even the snowiest winter. :)

Good decision on the Burmester over the Bose. Was in a Cayenne the other day with a Burmester, and even with my tone deaf ears, the Burmester was on a different level! :D

Hello Mr Boon. Is your first name David? I've ordered one too. Not got a build date yet but I know it's June some time. See spec below.

4S
GT Silver Metallic
Black leather interior
Rear Wiper
Top tinted windscreen
KESSY
Park assist front & rear
Electric glass sunroof
Electric folding mirrors
Auto dimming mirrors & rain sensor
PASM 20mm lower
Sports exhaust
PDK
Sport Chrono
Power Steering Plus
Carrera Wheels
Tyre Pressure monitoring
Wheel Spacers
Black Rev counter
Heated seats
Cruise Control
Homelink
Sports seats 14 ways
Sportdesign steering wheel
Porsche Crest on armrest
Porsche Crest on head rests
Telephone module
Voice Control
Bose
PCM
Vehicle Tracking Sys
DAB
Online Services

@GTB, nice spec! My first name is not David.

@DRZ911, yeah I'm sure I will be very happy with the audio upgrade in the long run :)

@dipesh.tank, great pics! Are there even more? 8)

GTB said:
Hello Mr Boon. Is your first name David? I've ordered one too. Not got a build date yet but I know it's June some time. See spec below.

4S
GT Silver Metallic
Black leather interior
Rear Wiper
Top tinted windscreen
KESSY
Park assist front & rear
Electric glass sunroof
Electric folding mirrors
Auto dimming mirrors & rain sensor
PASM 20mm lower
Sports exhaust
PDK
Sport Chrono
Power Steering Plus
Carrera Wheels
Tyre Pressure monitoring
Wheel Spacers
Black Rev counter
Heated seats
Cruise Control
Homelink
Sports seats 14 ways
Sportdesign steering wheel
Porsche Crest on armrest
Porsche Crest on head rests
Telephone module
Voice Control
Bose
PCM
Vehicle Tracking Sys
DAB
Online Services

Huge spec, must've been around £110k? What type of discount did you get? Mine was around £100K and i got it for £90k

Not quite, it's £105k. I got a discount as well.

The suns shining - I want it now. I had an RS5 but sold it last week. Can't wait to have my first Porsche!

Nice car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back