Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 4S

Slayer

Estoril
Got a shock of my life when I saw the price of a 991 4S at OPC Swindon..over a 100K.

Is it worth so much when Gen 2 Turbo's and Turbo S can be bought for less?? :what:

Many will choose a 991 over a 997 simply because it is the newer model. I seem to recall someone on here saying they chopped a 997 turbo s for a 991 c2s though owning the former and having driven the latter I doubt I could ever fully appreciate why :dont know:

The demo 4S at OPC Belfast was in the region of £103K I think - I too was shocked.

It is finished in Agate Grey and I actually wasn't very impressed with it sitting on the forecourt until last week when my neighbour had it for the weekend (works for the dealer) and seeing it pass the house changed my opinon - however still a lot of money!

Yes they are expensive, unfortunately the are great too I really liked the one I drove.

I am going to try an R8 later on today, should be interesting to compare the two, I did also try a new Range Rover last weekend and that drove really well.

And the roads are in such an awful state at present.

They are all about the same price.

Slayer said:
Got a shock of my life when I saw the price of a 991 4S at OPC Swindon..over a 100K.

Is it worth so much when Gen 2 Turbo's and Turbo S can be bought for less?? :what:

even worse when you consider 4 month old cars can be had for less than £90k

with year old C2S's already sub 80k

Attachments

• c4s_185.jpg
    c4s_185.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 8,630
Jam911 said:
Yes they are expensive, unfortunately the are great too I really liked the one I drove.

I am going to try an R8 later on today, should be interesting to compare the two, I did also try a new Range Rover last weekend and that drove really well.

I would be interested to hear how the Range Rover and the R8 compare - I would expect them to drive about the same and handle in a similar fashion.

:grin:

Roro said:
Jam911 said:

I would be interested to hear how the Range Rover and the R8 compare - I would expect them to drive about the same and handle in a similar fashion.

:grin: Evoque was not too bad when I test drove it, a bit bling..a lot for the money.

Just to add to the discussion as I have been going through something similar. I fancied the ordinary R8 stronic V10 as my next car. They only had the wide-boyish black wheeled 'Plus', which I borrowed for the weekend. The gearbox is phenomenal with that engine, and is the quickest car I've ever driven. Launch control was 0-60 3.5 sec. Of course it was in the wet so it was a bit of a beast to control, but fun. My main problem with it was that it so dated inside now. Literally hasn't changed inside since the launch in 2007. I want a new car to feel like it's/I've moved on, but that felt like going backwards. Made me feel like a proper new R8 model can't be too far away, esp as the outer design is starting to show its age. Other problem is its completely impractical...

Then I had a brand new 2S cab for a weekend and it felt like a proper state of the art new car. So quick, PDK gearbox brilliant, sat nav you can enter a full postcode, touchscreen and Bluetooth music connection. Then I saw the new 4S in the showroom. More pronounced haunches and really looks different with the strip light. Driving it was a bit less twitchy than the 2S but still fun. And in my configuration 0-60 in 4.1 secs - quick enough for me...215 g/co2. It really does seem to be the best car out there at the moment and bizarrely feels um good value...an R8 v10 stonic starts at £115k

The R8 is still a great handling car. Feels like a giant go cart and so well balanced, very controllable and manageable should it begin to move around, but is rather large and less accurate than the Porsche which is almost surgical with the added excitement of being slightly less manageable should you get it wrong.

So I ordered a 4S, coming in June.

Roro said:

I could jump up and down and get very upset about your silly suggestion, or I could listen to my spider senses telling me you are having a laugh.

Now, if only others had my super-powers :?:

GT4 said:
Roro said:

I could jump up and down and get very upset about your silly suggestion, or I could listen to my spider senses telling me you are having a laugh.

If you're going to try and be funny on The Internet, then you need to understand that sarcasm in plain text doesnt tend to work. Unless you're totally very clever and stuff.

In future I suggest you make liberal use of the necessary appropriate emoticons.

Yours,

Kommander Roro
911uk Communications Tzar

:D

GT4 said:
Roro said:

I like to think that they do, but they pretend that they don't, as a sort of double bluff.

MC

MisterCorn said:
GT4 said:
Roro said:

I like to think that they do, but they pretend that they don't, as a sort of double bluff.

MC

Oh, and there is also this too.

:whistle:

GTB said:
Just to add to the discussion as I have been going through something similar. I fancied the ordinary R8 stronic V10 as my next car. They only had the wide-boyish black wheeled 'Plus', which I borrowed for the weekend. The gearbox is phenomenal with that engine, and is the quickest car I've ever driven. Launch control was 0-60 3.5 sec. Of course it was in the wet so it was a bit of a beast to control, but fun. My main problem with it was that it so dated inside now. Literally hasn't changed inside since the launch in 2007. I want a new car to feel like it's/I've moved on, but that felt like going backwards. Made me feel like a proper new R8 model can't be too far away, esp as the outer design is starting to show its age. Other problem is its completely impractical...

2015 R8 is what I'm waiting for (among others) and should be a major step forward in technology :thumb:

Roro said:
GT4 said:
Roro said:

If you're going to try and be funny on The Internet, then you need to understand that sarcasm in plain text doesnt tend to work. Unless you're totally very clever and stuff.

In future I suggest you make liberal use of the necessary appropriate emoticons.

Yours,

Kommander Roro
911uk Communications Tzar

:D

1) There was a smiley (or is that a "considering-ey" :?:)
2) It is so much more satisfiying for me to see if people get it or not without me sign-posting my intent.

You see humour can be subtle, and humour can be slapstick.

I often like to be more subtle (or just plain oblique, requiring the recipient to be able to recall their own replies in other threads) and then laugh as the other party slips over on the banana skin of seriousness in their earnest replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back