Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help my 991 doesn't like BST?

Motty

I know this is probably going to be one of those obvious answers, but i can't find the answer so i'll ask anyway :?:

I bought my 991 the end of October so this is my first clock change and since we switched to BST on Sunday morning my car has stayed on GMT, hence 1 hour slow. The manual says it should change automatically via the GPS signal and i can't find any option to change it manually anyway?

I have taken it out of the garage and done about 150 miles since Sunday so it has had a decent GPS signal.

Help please?

I don't think its automatic, i had to change mine too on sunday. I accessed it by the multifunction display. Go to the car temperature menu and its in there somewhere. You can't change the time but can can choose BST (on or off)and that will change it to BST

Ahh got it thanks. I was looking on the main PCM display not the instrument panel screen.

Bit bizzare that my £9.99 clock radio next to my bed recognises BST automatically, but a £95k Porsche doesn't.

Never mind done now and will know for next time :)

Motty said:
Ahh got it thanks. I was looking on the main PCM display not the instrument panel screen.

Bit bizzare that my £9.99 clock radio next to my bed recognises BST automatically, but a £95k Porsche doesn't.

Never mind done now and will know for next time :)

Your £9.99 clock radio probably works off a radio signal transmitted from the UK atomic clock in Anthorn, Cumbria, and would only receive that signal within a range of maybe 1500km from that transmitter, which wouldn't be much good for a car sold in all time zones world-wide.
The GPS correction only corrects for time zone differences, not for seasonal time adjustments.

GPS itself doesn't correct for timezones or for summer/winter time.

MC

MisterCorn said:
GPS itself doesn't correct for timezones or for summer/winter time.

MC

Based on OP's statement quoted below I deduce that the 991's SatNav is programmed to adjust clock times when crossing borders between time zones:
"The manual says it should change automatically via the GPS signal".

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back