Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another New Owner.....Well Almost

Andy_R99

So after a 2 day test drive in a C4S, took the plunge and placed a deposit on Saturday. Should be here late April / early May.

Not sure the wife was as impressed as me but hey it's my car so what the hell. Here's hoping I've made the right choice given it's the most expensive car I've ever bought, by a fair margin :D

Basalt Black Metallic

Spec as follows :

ParkAssist (front and rear)
Electric glass slide/tilt sunroof
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Privacy glass (rear side windows and rear window)
Top tinted windscreen
Sport Chrono Package
PASM sport suspension (20 mm lower)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
Wheel spacers, 5mm
Wheel Centres
Guards Red seat belts
Floor mats
Heated seats
Light design package
Cruise control
Adaptive sports seats plus, electrical 18 way
Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
SportDesign steering wheel
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Telephone module

Think that about covers it! What do we think?

Black again, bit boring but I have 2 young kids so don't want it wrecked. Hoping the seat belts lift it a little :thumb:

Does the sunroof open upwards? If it does, I think Porsche have let themselves down badly with that design, they look pants. Sorry.

The rest of the car sounds great. I hope you really enjoy your time in your new car.

Nice spec Andy. I think the lower suspension and spacer will makes this car look very nice on the outside.
Just a suggestion, I recently spotted one with rear decorative stitching and Porsche emblem on headrest. I think these two Exclusive options do lift the interior and make it feel more luxurious.

Ken White said:
Does the sunroof open upwards? If it does, I think Porsche have let themselves down badly with that design, they look pants. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, would be a boring life if we all wanted the same thing. I'm not overly keen on the sunroof opening upwards myself but the kids loved it on the demonstrator I had when they were riding in the back and it was one of the things my good lady set as a stipulation for me buying the car. If it was down to me I probably wouldn't have bothered in all honesty.

Probably sounds a bit odd - wife says you can have the car but you have to spend an extra £1500 because the kids like it - go figure!! :roll:

The SPASM -20 works best in the real world together with PDCC, which dials back in some extra comfort on rutted city pavement, while also further improving handling in the twisties. It's expensive (about £2,000) but a damned sight better value than the sunroof or adaptive seats (the sports seats plus at £200ish are the best for slim to average frames), and will keep passengers much happier owing to flatter cornering (absolutely no roll whatsover) and better suppression of uneven surfaces.

I have driven most variants and this was the combination that most impressed. And yes I bought a PDCC car.

Nice nice nice, just several weeks of sleepless nights to go!

Sports Exhaust? Much better value than the adaptive seats IMHO. The 991 sounds amazing with the PSE. Vroom Vroom.

First post on this forum just to say if you want DAB it will available on 14MY 991 June builds on. Dont get caught out like I was. Despite telling them I wanted DAB they said they had no idea when it would be available. I paid the 10k deposit 3 weeks later build was locked at the same DAB became available on the configurator for Boxster, Cayman etc 911 june builds on dealer claimed they didn't know it was comming, Yeah right Perhaps your dealer was more honest and put you in the picture if not now you know. Good luck !

Thanks for the info on the DAB. Now delayed car for June build so should have early July with DAB. Bit of a pain as it means waiting an extra 8 weeks but at least I'll get a 2014 build.

Andy_R99 said:
Thanks for the info on the DAB. Now delayed car for June build so should have early July with DAB. Bit of a pain as it means waiting an extra 8 weeks but at least I'll get a 2014 build.

Well worth the wait I think you will find! Enjoy.

June 2014 Build

Hi

Do you know if there are adding anything else to the June 2014 model other than DAB.

Also agree that the sports exhaust is MUST!!!! Sounds fantastic.

Cheers

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back