Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very cheap estate car wanted

jackal2513

Bit of a long shot but im after an estate car for bout a grand ... Something to tie me over for a few months, focus estate, v70, carlton, passat or something similar. Pm if you can help at all, thanks.

Carlton :eek: (pre 1995!) I think you mean Omega.

As a fan of big Vauxhall Estates (Victors in the 80's - to an Omega until 4 years ago) I know you'll get a lot more value out of a Vauxhall than just about anything else.

If I hadn't inherited a Primera (10 years old with 14k miles up) I'd still have an Omega now.

Good luck with your search. :thumb:

My chum bought a hearse for £250. It wwas great for taking rubbish to the tip :thumb:

Rover 75 diesel - cheap as chips

Yeah thanks sam, plenty of dealer cars local, wpuld rather buy privately though from someone honest.

Sorry, yes i meant omega, there is one for sale 2 miles away for £800, might go and take. Looksie. Ive driven them before and agree they are great barges.

Rich I would offer you my E39 540 but it has a transmission cooler leak which is going to cost a 2 or 3 hundred to fix (and a number of other issues :grin:). But a half-decent E39 should be in your price range. Quality cars for the money.

Ok thanks mate, e39 would be perfect.

Thanks for the honesty as well :D

Rover 75 Estate is where you need to be !

Are you planning to save a few £££ by kipping in it when touring the pyrenees :?: If so go for the MG 2.0 version. Baggsy you carry my spare wheel and tool kit :grin:

Subaru every time IMO.

Actually that gives me an idea. :?:

Would an Impreza estate be too small?

jackal2513 said:
Ok thanks mate, e39 would be perfect.

Thanks for the honesty as well :D

My E39 540i Sport Touring (2002) is available, but a bit more than a grand.

When we have needed crap cars, I have bought Rovers.

They were crap from new so lost money and all their value in the first six months, deisels had french engines. Bought one £500 did six months of it, never washed it, sold for £500.

Mind you, my idea of 'cheap' is a car worth less than it's tax and Insurance. Something if it broke down you just walk away...
:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back