Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

recommendation for a smart repair company in High Wycombe

freddynonos

Has anyone got someone to recomment to remove a scuff from the rear bumper in High Wycombe?
There are quite a few of them in town, and without feedback, it is hard to tell who is good and who isn't.

thanks

Re: recommendation for a smart repair company in High Wycomb

freddynonos said:
Has anyone got someone to recomment to remove a scuff from the rear bumper in High Wycombe?
There are quite a few of them in town, and without feedback, it is hard to tell who is good and who isn't.

thanks

I'm from High Wycombe and there is nobody here I'd trust , all my work goes to Ranjit at Fix Auto Slough , he is a fellow 911 owner, trustworthy and good quality work 01753 694134

probably is, if he bothers to respond....

spectraluk said:
probably is, if he bothers to respond....

Lol , oh yeh , forgot to mention , he's very busy ;)

only takes a minute to reply to an email....
even if that email was to say - gimme a week, I'm too busy to reply to your email.

It's a real bug-bear of mine. To not even respond to a potential customer, is just bad practice in my book.

Went elsewhere to somewhere that could be bothered....

Not quite High Wycombe, but if you find yourself down Berkshire way then I can recommend CrossCoat, he came to my office in Bracknell twice and repaired some pretty major dents and scratches on the wheel arch on my GTV.
The repair was good enough that it wasnt noticed by the RAC inspection that the new owner had conducted pre-sale.

Bald headed dude who likes the band Bad Manners. He was pretty up front about what he could repair well and what he couldnt. I had a paint chip on my roof, he was very clear about not being able to do a satisfactoy job on the roof due to the limits of the tools he uses, so I dont think he would take on a repair he didnt think he could do justice to.

http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(crosscoat-mobile-vehicle-repairers)_74266.htm

spectraluk said:
only takes a minute to reply to an email....
even if that email was to say - gimme a week, I'm too busy to reply to your email.

It's a real bug-bear of mine. To not even respond to a potential customer, is just bad practice in my book.

Went elsewhere to somewhere that could be bothered....

:agree:

Drives me insane.

Although just experienced some of the best customer service for a long time from Euro Car Parts - just brilliant. But we should not be amazed about getting good service - it should be the sh*t service that gets the 'column inches'.

Thnak you for the feedback

I might give the people in Slough a call.
I will call the folks in Newbury, but they are probably a bit far unfortunately.
The problem I have is that I got various quotes, but it looks like I will need to leave the car form an overnight stay to a week, depending on the location. As I need my car generally, this is an additional issue.

Sustanon400 said:
freddynonos said:

thanks

I'm from High Wycombe and there is nobody here I'd trust , all my work goes to Ranjit at Fix Auto Slough , he is a fellow 911 owner, trustworthy and good quality work 01753 694134

Fix Auto is a recommended 911uk Partner
http://www.fixautoslough.com/

In the area, if you are looking for Wheel Refurbishment, then Autowerks in the Slough Trading Estate is worth a visit http://www.the-autowerks.com/

Might be worth mentioning to Ranjit the negative feedback on this thread !

I have also used Autoworks for fully refurbishing my turbo wheels and two years on they still look magnificent !!!! Highly recommended !!!!!

http://www.the-autowerks.com/

Sustanon400 said:
freddynonos said:

thanks

Being from Wycombe too, i have to concur... I wouldnt trust any of the small outfits. That said i have used Hansons Garage (off Desborough Rd) and Fletchers Bodyshop (off London Rd) on my Mrs's cars in the past. Both are cheap and cheerful but you wouldnt see me taking my Porsches there.

:?

You might think I am a bit nuts, but I used Auto Medics earlier in the year to repair my 987 Boxster - Artic Silver. I had a small dent / gouge on the rear wheel arch, so it had to be filled and the paint blended from the rear wing into the door. I was really pleased with the result and sold the car with no questions. BTW they only do wheel repairs in the paint booths on the main road!

I am going to use them again, as I need a repair to my rear bumper :roll:

http://automedics.org.uk/

Auto Medics

Wow you are brave....

Are you sure the Porsche you have is actually yours...?
That panel you had repaired is actually from a VW Beetle... :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back