Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 944 Hesitation, A/C Problems

Victor520

Q. I recently bought a 1985 Porsche 944, I think the engine size is 2.5 liter. It has a manual transmission and has 135,000 miles. It's fuel injected has P/S, A/C and cruise control. Well I have wanted this car for sometime now, about six years, and I finally got it last week, the engine is in good condition and it has only had two owners before myself.

My first question is when I let off the gas there is a stutter that occurs, it seems like it's almost twice, and is not too rough, though I did need some advice on what course of action to take. Should I do a tune up or is it a transmission/clutch problem.

My second question concerns the A/C when I really lay down the gas at any speed the A/C cuts off on the dash and is redirected to the floorboard. I know that you must be busy and this my not be enough information but I will take what I can get. I have some interior projects I am working on while the car is parked. Other than what I mentioned earlier the car is in good condition.

Again thanks for the help,
Jay

A. The hesitation is probably an engine problem. A good tune-up with new spark plugs, distributor cap, distributor rotor, and ignition wires will, at the very least, eliminate something simple and stupid as the cause. Of course you also need to replace the air and fuel filters, check and adjust the ignition timing as required.

As for the A/C problem, there is a leak somewhere in the HVAC vacuum supply lines. here's a diagram of the vacuum system so you can trace it out and locate the leak.

if there are something wrong
hope you can point it out
thx

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back