Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2004 Cayenne S Problem

Tigertim

Hi All,
I have a Cayman S and a Cayenne S, and have a strange fault on the Cayenne. I insert the key and all normal lights and functions are activated, but when I move the key to the start position any one of the following happens :-
1 the car starts normally
2 the key turns and nothing happens
3 the starter motor begins to turn the engine over, but almost immediately stops

The above symptoms occur seemingly randomnly and sometimes it takes 4 or 5 attempts before it will start :eek:

The battery has been changed, and I have also changed to the spare key, but again without improvement!!

I would be grateful of any help to solve this, as the wife usually drives it, and I fear that eventually she will be stuck somewhere.

Thanks for the quick comment, when this fault started to develop, my wife asked the dealer to check this out, but was told that everything was OK :pc: when she went back to pick up the car.

So, she left and the fault has become steadily worse as time has passed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back