Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Speed Rating

ggrantw

Silverstone
I am having to replace the O/S front tyre on my 996 C4. All four tyres are Pirelli Asimetricos with an N3 speed rating. The problem is that all the tyre outlets that I have tried no longer have the N3 rating and only have the "upgraded" N4 rating. My question is, how with this, if at all, affect the handling of the car?? Is it safe to put an N4 rating on with the remainder being N3s?? :?:

Thanks guys!

N3 and N4 are not speed ratings.

That said, I don't think (but :dont know: for sure) you should mix N3's and N4's on the same axle so you'll be better off changing both fronts.

See here vvvvv

http://www.911uk.com/template.php?page=3

unusual to replace one tyre, how worn is the other front ??

It's not illegal to mix tyres & if it was a Ford Ka it probably wouldn't make a difference anyway, but on a performance car the potential for differing grip levels causing problems isn't something to underestimate. Changing both tyres to be the exactly the same on the same axle is a good rule to follow.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back