Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

W London POC v Hatfield POC

Tekno

Hello all, Recent new owner and now member :D
Recently Had issues with Engine Power Loss and also PSM light in sport mode.

W. London Porsche couldn't find fault but offered tyres and discs and wheel alignment and emptying of bulkhead drains and a new petrol cap! (Jaz fixed Wheels alignment and tyres, did drains for free and fitted a new cap for free (amazon purchase) - and noted discs and pads far from needing a change - "wait for the light"). Great service! :)

Still had power loss so went the Hatfield POC as car has warranty. WOW what great service. Firstly they spot your reg and welcome you by name and I'm sure they also noted my coffee preference, no issue with a ride to and from the station (car waiting when I went back) Fault diagnosed quickly and fixed (faulty brake light switch). Car not only clean inside and out but tyres glossed etc. Strangely since visiting W London and 500 miles before Hatfield my Discs and Pads have grown and are only 40% worn and not in need of urgent replacement.

I wont be visiting W.London again!

:welcome: :useless:

+1 for Hatfield :thumb:

I've always been happy with their service. They do get things wrong from time to time but are always quick to rectify the problem and do their best to make you feel welcome and valued.

The only blot on their copy book was when they had somehow booked me a loan porker on the wrong day while mine was due in for a service - they hurriedly offered me a passat instead but I politely declined :sad:

+2 for Hatfield, great service.

On a seperate note I cannot understand why they have a £1,000 excess on a loaner car.

My wife drives a Range Rover and for £10 a day there is no excess... both similar value cars.

chimp911 said:
....they hurriedly offered me a passat instead but I politely declined :sad:

Why? Sounds a bit stereo-typical 'up their own arse' Porsche owner to me!

Hatfield cocked up a Porsche loan car (we all make mistakes), they tried their best to rectify it but with a lesser car which you declined! :roll:

Martian said:
chimp911 said:
....they hurriedly offered me a passat instead but I politely declined :sad:

Why? Sounds a bit stereo-typical 'up their own arse' Porsche owner to me!

Hatfield cocked up a Porsche loan car (we all make mistakes), they tried their best to rectify it but with a lesser car which you declined! :roll:

Err, I was disappointed because while I had no urgent need of a loan car that day I was at least hoping to use the time to have an extended test drive of the new boxster or 991 - I'd booked the service and loaner over 3 months in advance specifically for this reason. I had no desire to test drive a passat as I have driven many examples over the last 10 years travelling up and down the country...

Not sure that qualifies as up my own arse... :dont know:

Why book a 991/Boxster (and a service?) 3 months in advance for an extended test drive? If you were a hot lead they would have you in one within a few days.

And your post reads as 'arrived at OPC for a service, unfortunately due to error my requested Porsche loan car was not available but I was offered a Passat which I declined thank you'.......

Martian said:
Why book a 991/Boxster (and a service?) 3 months in advance for an extended test drive? If you were a hot lead they would have you in one within a few days.

Because I wanted to service it immediately after the Skye Tour on my way back to Germany so I only had a very small window of opportunity...

I was mildly disappointed, but it wasn't the end of the world and my hissy-fit was very short-lived... :roll:

edit - the service was the overriding priority, the test drive was mere opportunistic icing on the cake

Amazing!

Tekno said:
Hello all, Recent new owner and now member :D
Recently Had issues with Engine Power Loss and also PSM light in sport mode.

W. London Porsche couldn't find fault but offered tyres and discs and wheel alignment and emptying of bulkhead drains and a new petrol cap! (Jaz fixed Wheels alignment and tyres, did drains for free and fitted a new cap for free (amazon purchase) - and noted discs and pads far from needing a change - "wait for the light"). Great service! :)

Still had power loss so went the Hatfield POC as car has warranty. WOW what great service. Firstly they spot your reg and welcome you by name and I'm sure they also noted my coffee preference, no issue with a ride to and from the station (car waiting when I went back) Fault diagnosed quickly and fixed (faulty brake light switch). Car not only clean inside and out but tyres glossed etc. Strangely since visiting W London and 500 miles before Hatfield my Discs and Pads have grown and are only 40% worn and not in need of urgent replacement.

I wont be visiting W.London again!

No RMS :?

Watch out for the roads around OPC Chiswick, they're a killer for your RMS. Every time I went there I somehow managed to make my RMS leak so it needed replacing under warranty. Even when I went there after an indy had the car in the air and showed me how it was bone dry a couple of weeks before, Chiswick informed me that it needed doing and did it under warranty without even consulting me. Phew, close one.

Another side effect of the bad roads around OPC Chiswick is that they instantaneously corrode your brake discs, so you need those replacing as soon as you drive there, even when you replaced them only 4mths previously.

Someone really should inform the council about the roads...
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=48180

They also suggesting replacing my X51 dual-chamber oil pump with a single chamber standard Carrera pump as they thought the factory-fit X51 PowerKit upgraded oil pump was after-market and it would invalidate any attempt to apply an approved used warranty :roll:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=511250

Yes, I too have found that OPC West London is keen to empty one's pockets... That dealership would certainly NOT be my first choice.

A lady calling on behalf of PCGB called a week or two later to survey my experiences.

I was in the car at the time, so I kept it short. Mostly four letter words.

As well as the whole X51 thing, I also told her about the disgraceful state of the showroom (trip hazards from trailing cables NOT in conduits, open power/comms floor boxes etc)

I also complained that after being specifically invited for a complimentary 111-point check on a Saturday morning (presumably to make new friends and drum up business), and me leaving instructions to be called as soon as my car was ready (as I was going shopping and I could make my way back within 30mins), they didn't phone, locked my car up in the service bay for the weekend and sodded off about 15 mins before the official closing time, the time I eventually arrived back (I don't live in London!).

After going apoplectic, they deined to call one of the keybox keyholders back to the dealership.

He complained I had delayed him enjoying his weekend.

FO!

I wouldn't give my business to OPC West London, even if it were the last OPC left on earth.

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back