Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Optimoly TA or Optimol TA

allenw

Have searched high & low for Optimoly TA but can only find a Castrol product called Optimol TA paste on Amazon at £21. I'm assuming this is one and the same and that Optimoly was the original manufacturer taken over by Castrol. Anybody know for sure. It's for applying the wheel bolts as the 997 manual. Thanks.

Hi, this is the correct stuff, currently out of stock but we will be retailing the 100g tube much easier than the 100g tin).

Stock due to us at the end of Jan and we are already selling fast so get your name down by email, no deposit required.

Prefer the tub easier to dip your nuts in ! :lol:

gary.donald said:
Prefer the tub easier to dip your nuts in ! :lol:

Depends which nuts.... :thumb:

If we're talking nuts then you shoudn't get grease on the 'seat' the radiused bit that mates with the wheel, only the thread. The torque value is dry, if you grease it, it means nuts are tightened far in excess of the advised torque. For this very reason on centrelock wheels they do grease them with a special grease to achieve 600Nm.

If you dip bolts fair enough, but try to avoid getting grit in the tin. Much better to squeeze a blob on to what you need, or use a brush.

The tube is far more efficient, a tin you tin to use up much more.

NOW IN STOCK! :D

Castrol Optimol Paste TA in handy, efficient and non-messy 100gm Tube

High and low temp stable, working range -40 to 1110 deg C!

Price each £15.00 inc VAT and p&p

Please drop me an email to [email protected]

So is this used in similar applications as copperslip, or is it different?

I'm not a mechanic Pete so I can't say for sure its total application range but I can tell you:

-its perfect for wheel hubs. Stops corrosion and binding between the two different metals, especially the centre bore.

-if you have a BMW/Mini/Audi/VW its almost essential for the centre bore as they corrode so badly you struggle to get wheels off!

-it prevents binding of wheel nuts/bolts (apply to thread only not the seat)

-nuts and bolts that are exposed where other greases would melt, ie exhaust clamps and brackets etc

I've been trying to get this stuff at a decent price for ages.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back