Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne Turbo

CarlMac

A few questions for Cayenne Turbo owners:

- Is the Cayenne reliable? as long they have been handled with care.

- Running costs? (except for gas)

- It's worth of the price of running costs?

I have always said that i prefer for the First Porsche that is always have to be a 911, but i love soo much the cayenne, the option always go for the Turbo or Turbo S, the Insurance is not expensive for me, i don't have any ticket, only parked tickets but that doesn't count for the Insurance company's and the amount i have to pay each year is $5.328 for the Disco II V8 is $4320. The only reason i don't buy a 911 it's because of the job, and if i had a 911 it has to be the C4 because of the winter, here it snow like sh**

We just had one on demo for a week . I was not that impressed ,it just did not feel as special as the 997. Well made and solid but to much going on there are buttons everywhere. We will be sticking to the range rover. :thumb:

It's no 911, but the other half loves ours.....UK admittedly and I see you're in Canada....but it has been uber reliable only needing consumables thus far, comfy and rapid when you push the loud pedal (for an SUV).

Cayenne

My 996 manual turbo is great fun to drive, and approaching 10 years old, I have covered 19,000 miles. My Cayenne Turbo is just as much fun to drive, in a different way. It is a rapidly quick SUV, accurate steering, solid feel & like having a 911 on stilts. Worth every penny !

$5300 for Insurance is cheap :eek: :?: :dont know:

Re: Cayenne

Condor said:
My 996 manual turbo is great fun to drive, and approaching 10 years old, I have covered 19,000 miles. My Cayenne Turbo is just as much fun to drive, in a different way. It is a rapidly quick SUV, accurate steering, solid feel & like having a 911 on stilts. Worth every penny !

The fact the people compare them to a 911 tells you just how good they are !

I've bought my 03 Turbo S and already found a few problems that I may well have to dig deep to fix!

Can be luck of the draw but after owning only a few weeks, even with the problems I am enjoying it.

I would agree with one of the earlier posts, lots going on in the cabin and the sad thing is most of it is redundant for this day and age...

for example;

- I have a phone in my centre console taking up valueable storage space and a multi-function steering wheel with controls to answer it.
- Sim card has to be removed from your phone for it to be of any use and who wants to do that these days
- My Sat Nav is CD based, better than nothing but not sure they provide updated versions anymore and if they do, bet they expensive.
- I am going to post shortly to see if upgrades to bluetooth and Ipod connectivity etc can be done

One of two faults that I have read up on that are worth checking included coolant pipe upgrades, coil packs and driveshafts so worth checking them.

Other than that you should be OK but as 10 years old always run risk something major could do wrong and would be costly to fix.

I'm still learning about mine though so tbh my 4 days of ownership doesnt count for a lot other than I have found issues now I didnt know about on test drive

I agree about the phone in the centre consul, very 1990's isnt it?

Some people get another SIM and then divert their normal phone to the new SIM when in the car, not ideal but it does work!

Sat Nav is just about ok but dated

Sorry to say you dont have a Turbo S though!

9MLS said:
I agree about the phone in the centre consul, very 1990's isnt it?

Some people get another SIM and then divert their normal phone to the new SIM when in the car, not ideal but it does work!

Sat Nav is just about ok but dated

Sorry to say you dont have a Turbo S though!

Yes I think you are correct re Turbo S - Previous owner has been playing with the rear badges I think because it has been mapped to 520 but it certainly didnt come out of showroom that way and not sure the S was available 2003 was it!

No, Turbo S was 2006 only for the Gen 1, still at least you wont need £700+ per disc on yours!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back