Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ready to order a C4S Cabriolet

mralig

Hi Everyone,
I got a lot of helpful advice on ordering a 991 Cab a couple of months ago.

After taking everyone's comments into consideration, I decided I would be more comfortable with a C4S than a C2S.

People pretty much persuaded me to go for an S over a 3.4.

Anyway now Iam ready to order I have spoken to my local OPC, they say they have nothing available until mid year, hence no discount at all. They have also been very friendly and helpful in fairness. Whilst this may be their position, the projected value on a 911 is just no longer high enough to be reasonable to expect people to pay full list.

On the Porsche web-site there is already a February delivery C4 Coupe being advertised by a dealer a £8,000 below list price. Generally C2S cabs are being advertised at 6-8 months old at 15-20,000 below list. From my research I would say that 20,000 off list should be quite achievable on a 6 month old car.

Thus while getting exactly the spec I want and being the first owner is attractive, I justy can't get past the feeling that a little patience will save me a substantial amount of money and am trying to not let my heart over-rule my head.

I know Porsche have cut production and allocations are lower this year than last year, but has anyone else had conversations with OPCs re availability of the C4S cabriolet. It seems odd that there are already 8 dealer C4 coupes being advertised but no cabs.

I know some people find it cheeky to ask about discounts but if anyone has any useful info for me I would be very grateful.

Thanks

mralig said:
It seems odd that there are already 8 dealer C4 coupes being advertised but no cabs.

iirc the C4S Coupe and Cab' didn't come out until the autumn. I doubt if many UK buyers would be looking to buy a new Cab' at that time of year.

It's probably one of the reasons that there's a waiting list for new cars next year. :dont know:

T8996C4 said:
mralig said:
It seems odd that there are already 8 dealer C4 coupes being advertised but no cabs.

iirc the C4S Coupe and Cab' didn't come out until the autumn. I doubt if many UK buyers would be looking to buy a new Cab' at that time of year.

It's probably one of the reasons that there's a waiting list for new cars next year. :dont know:

I agree. Also, don't be afraid to speak to as many different OPC's around the country as you can, and essentially play them off one another, if you haven't done so already. Be mindful of the different group networks though (e.g. Porsche GB which is Hatfield, Reading, Guildford... I forget the other one), as there will probably be little/no difference in pricing within these networks. I think Sytner is another network, which include Leicester OPC.

The one to forget is OPC Chiswick (West London)

GT4 said:
The one to forget is OPC Chiswick (West London)

God, yes forget Chiswick. I'll never forget my first ever visit there a few years ago when I was looking to buy my first Porsche. The sale chap was very arrogant and had quite a condescending manner. I left, having decided I didn't want a Porsche as "all the dealers must be rude" I thought to myself. A nice lady phoned a few weeks later (Porsche Marketing?) to ask how my visit went and I was honest and I told her the sales guy was rude and I didn't want to buy a Porsche, she apologised and said someone else would call me and that I should return to test drive a 911. So I returned a couple of weeks later to test drive a car that I didn't want (they did the hard sell so I found myself in a Carrera Tiptronic, I was after a manual C2S). The test driver chap then proceeded to 'show off' around back streets to show me the Tiptronic's capabilities. Then, when it was my turn to drive all I was able to do was drive up the A4 and then back down to the dealer. I doubt they've changed much over the years.

... Sorry this turned into a bit of a semi-rant... :eek:

:bandit:

Thanks guys,
Yes my nearest dealers Edinburgh and Glasgow are both part of the Sytner group so I have assumed that they will be the same. I might try Aberdeen and some London dealers as I work in London.

Failing that I will wait until early next year. It still seems to me looking at the web-site that the number of used cars is increasing and the dealers seem to have registered an awful ot of cars in the last 3 months that they have not sold.

I'd have to agree with waiting. There are 70+ coupes and cabs (not 4s) on the used car locator all s's with the cheapest a very low spec car at 68k. Every time I tried the configerator an s coupe comes out at 89k yet when I was spec cling a new 9974s coupe back in 2009 with similar spec they were coming out at 78k. I can't get my head around the 991 pricing!! I can only assume heavy discounts are up for grabs!

I would sit and wait until there are a few on the streets and demonstrators around etc.

I love the 991 but can't help feeling that without a £10K discount buying new would be crazy.

Ordering tomorrow

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the help on spec.

Patience has paid off, placing order tomorrow.

Here is the spec

911 C4S Cabriolet

White with black roof and interior

PDK
Sports chrono
PSE
Sportdesign wheel
Standard seats, heated
Homelink
Light Design Package
Illuminated sill guards
Mobile phone prep
Park assist
Adaptive cruise control

Tried to limit the extras, couldn't resist the light design and sills as I think they will look cool, but not everyone may agree.

Gone for the adaptive cruise which is way overpriced but I wanted the safety aspect of the auto braking. You only need to use it once!

Any comments on the spec?

I may never put the car into Sports+, will the Sports Chrono be a waste of money or will I still feel the benefit of the engine mounts

I find the rain sensing wipers a pain on my current car and prefer variable intermittent. But I note virtually every car has the auto dimming mirrors and rain sensor. Am I missing something?

Again, virtually every car has the sports seats, but I far prefer the leather backs on the standard seats. Is there that big a difference?

Expecting July delivery. Very excited :D

You had the patience to wait!!

What discount did you get?

Speaking to my local OPC last week and talking prices on a new Boxster he let slip out that if I wanted a new 991 about 10% would be the discount

Hi PowerMalc,
All ordered, there were no discounts in December so my patience was worth quite a bit.

Didn't quite get 10% off but close.

Also quoted an earlier delivery now than I was last year!

Spec was as listed except I added the auto dimming mirrors as I found too many people complaining about not having them.

Now just got to find something to do while I wait.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back