Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Current GT engines in the 991 GT cars?

Competition only: tells you all you need to know.

Now go out and buy a 997 with last of the production Mezgers (GTx/Turbo) - there won't be a production 991 Mezger.

infrasilver said:
I heard a rumor today that the 991 GT3 cars will carry over the Mezger engines.

Source? If your next door neighbour told you or the guy down at the pub, it's probably not true. However if it was someone like Andreas Preuninger, then you are most likely to be correct.

~ Maxie

infrasilver said:

Source? If your next door neighbour told you or the guy down at the pub, it's probably not true. However if it was someone like Andreas Preuninger, then you are most likely to be correct.

~ Maxie

Red993C4 said:
Ocean Blue said:
Is the 991 engine dry sump or wet sump :?:
Does anybody know.

"Integrated dry sump", so it's debatable.

How so? If the dry sump isn't integrated surely the oil would just fall off the crankshaft on to the floor. How can a dry sump NOT be integrated?

MC

Red993C4 said:
Ocean Blue said:
Does anybody know.

How so? If the dry sump isn't integrated surely the oil would just fall off the crankshaft on to the floor. How can a dry sump NOT be integrated?

MC

Never heard of integrated dry sump, I've just bolted to google to check it out. I can see why Red is saying debatable, very interesting articles and I'm still reading up. :dont know:

I can see how Infrasilver's rumour could be true or debatable :grin: Well done you.

Never heard of integrated dry sump, I've just bolted to google to check it out. I can see why Red is saying debatable, very interesting articles and I'm still reading up. :dont know:

I can see how Infrasilver's rumour could be true or debatable :grin: Well done you.

Red993C4 said:
Ocean Blue said:
Does anybody know.

"Integrated dry sump", so it's just marketing bollox inveted for the 9x6 to fawn to the 964/GT1 block bridgade (although I do understand the benefits over a standard sump).

Red993C4 said:
Ocean Blue said:
Does anybody know.

"Integrated dry sump", so it's just marketing bollox inveted for the 9x6 to fawn to the 964/GT1 block bridgade (although I do understand the benefits over a standard sump).

Maxie said:
infrasilver said:

~ Maxie

Chris Harris, so I would expect his source would be genuine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back