Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Video: Bugatti Head of Design's Project 911 SC 1981

820kg is very light and must do wonders for the power to weight ratio and braking characteristics.

Didn't mention Colin Chapman which I would have thought was an obvious train of thought. To paraphrase "in order to increase speed add lightness".

Not sure how it would handle though as the centre of gravity would be even more unbalanced towards the rear. Would definitely take some catching if you lost the back end.

Wonderful..!!!

This is the kind of car I would love to build one day..... stunning, and cool with a capital K

Thanks for that....good watch.....and I am loving more and more the older shape 911......want one.

I'm loving this car too. I agree with the weight distribution comments, I'm sure it must handle more like a speedboat than a classic 911 :)

Enjoyed that, blokes and their cars....it's that common thread in all of us :lol:

Just watched this video again (the Bugatti guy's video, not Nelly's!). I like the idea of having one of these old 911's in my life at some point, back to basics and all that. Although the GT3 comes close in a way, I love the absolute basic mechanical-ness of the older 911's. (... Although I do wonder whether that's just more a romantic idea and the reality is I'd hate living with an early car...).

Roro said:
Just watched this video again (the Bugatti guy's video, not Nelly's!). I like the idea of having one of these old 911's in my life at some point, back to basics and all that. Although the GT3 comes close in a way, I love the absolute basic mechanical-ness of the older 911's. (... Although I do wonder whether that's just more a romantic idea and the reality is I'd hate living with an early car...).

My guess is it would be VERY hard to beat as a weekend toy

I'd love to have a go in a really old 911. Earliest 911 I've driven actually is an SC but the brakes weren't very good which put me off. Maybe that was just a bad example. It seemed more fun overall than the 3.2's I've driven though.

Hmm... I'll start saving my pennies.... 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back