Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie with a couple questions please.

Motty

Hello, Newbie here!

I picked up my new Guards Red S last week and have a couple of questions that i can't find answers to in the manual or elsewhere, so help would be appreciated.

1. Everytime i get in the car the radio comes on automatically, is there an option where i can set it not to?

2. When turning tightly in car parks etc, the steering "clunks", doesn't seem right, is this normal?

3. I have more than one bluetooth device linked, is there a way of setting which one is priority? More often than not my daughter's ipod "wins" and i have suffer One Direction rather than being able to use my phone!

Thanks in advance for help.

PS. I came from a 2004 M3 and expected there to be a big difference, but the 911 is incredible :D

Motty said:
Hello, Newbie here!

I picked up my new Guards Red S last week and have a couple of questions that i can't find answers to in the manual or elsewhere, so help would be appreciated.

1. Everytime i get in the car the radio comes on automatically, is there an option where i can set it not to?

2. When turning tightly in car parks etc, the steering "clunks", doesn't seem right, is this normal?

3. I have more than one bluetooth device linked, is there a way of setting which one is priority? More often than not my daughter's ipod "wins" and i have suffer One Direction rather than being able to use my phone!

Thanks in advance for help.

PS. I came from a 2004 M3 and expected there to be a big difference, but the 911 is incredible :D

Welcome to 991 ownership. As you say, a big step up from thealready excellent M3. Anwers:

1. No, you're stuck with it

2. Doesn't sound right to me but may be something caught in the brake disc. I'd have someone look at it.

3. I think I'd rather have an IMS bearing fail than have to listen to "One Direction" on my stereo. This is serious. And I can't suggest a solution other than to ask your daughter to disable bluetooth if she wants to ride in the Porker.

Motty,

:welcome:

Guards Red, sounds fab, you have to get some pics posted up.
Did you go for PDK or manual and spill the beans on the rest of the spec.

:welcome: :useless: the clunk is probably due to steering angles and other witchcraft but common on a 911.
Turn of the blue tooth on your daughters phone or get in the car before her :thumb:

Mine does that the steering I mean,I have been told its a characteristic of the car!
:D

Thank you for the advice. Here are a couple of piccies, and spec is:

991 S.
Guards Red.
Rear Wiper.
Park Assist F&R.
Sports Crono.
20" Sport Design Alloys.
Heated seats.
Sports seats - 14 way.
Bose.
Aluminium window frames.
PDK.
Sport exhaust.
Wheel Centres.
Cruise control.
Telephone module.
Guards Red seat belts.
Guards Red Sport Crono dial.
Guards Red Instrument dials.

Attachments

• img_20121013_00492_540.jpg
    img_20121013_00492_540.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3,744
  • img_1524_124.jpg
    img_1524_124.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,744
  • img_1528_275.jpg
    img_1528_275.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,744
You must be very pleased, liking a lot the the red chrono and instrument dials.
Those rear haunches look impressive.
Which OPC did you collect from?

Portsmouth OPC, it was a pre-built, but unregistered, so was spec'd by the OPC. It was almost the perfect spec I wanted, except it didn't have the PSE which they fitted before collection.

Motty said:

1/ As said, your stuck with it.

2/ This time of year the tyres are colder and judder when turning tightly, doesn't do it in the summer.

3/ Make sure that your phone is the last device paired. You can delete it from the list and pair it again

Looks fab, love the colour and the red dials :thumbs:

Nice spec and guards red is a gorgeous colour, all in all it's a cracker !! 8)

:welcome: lovely car you've got there :thumb:

1/ you can do it, sort of (at least in the 997.2) - If you turn the pcm unit completely off then it stays off the next time you start the car. That, or just turn the volume right down when stopping the car as it remembers the last volume setting you had.

2/ already answered by others, wide tyres + stiff diff + tight turning circle = tyre scrub or shudder.

3/ a bit of a nuisance this one that often affects me as I normally carry 2 phones (no, I'm not a drug dealer :bandit:). The car will usually attempt to pair with the most recently paired phone, but if that phone has no signal or isn't immediately detected then it will go for the next available one. Remove your daughter's phone from the pairing list, job done!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back