Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Carrera S v 981 Boxster

Maxy M

Barcelona
While my 997 was having its fuel pump fixed (see http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=78032) I had an opportunity to borrow a demo 991 Carrera S Cabrio (PDK, PSE and various other options) for a day and then a service loan Boxster (PDK, leather interior, 20-inch wheels) for the weekend.

991 hugely impressive: snarling beast when you want it to be, otherwise very refined – great cruiser in that long 7th gear, wind noise and tyre roar very well supressed, brilliant ride quality. Maybe it's a bit too refined, in that in the 997 I feel a connection with the car, certainly via the steering (the difference isn't huge but it's there) and what it's doing that I didn't in the 991.

The Boxster is a great car – but it's no 911. Terrific drive but it's much noisier and you need PASM for a decent ride. more than adequate performance from the basic motor but worth getting an S for the big red brakes, xenons and leather seats (IMO).

I'd been hankering after a 981 Boxster S to follow the 997. Now I know I'm a 911 man, pure and simple. 991 Coupe S? Or a 997 GT3?

PS I guess I'm a PDK convert too. I still prefer three pedals but PDK lets you exploit perfomance more easily and more safely on the road (as opposed to the track).

Hi maxi, yes the boxster great car indeed,991 s wow, but a gt3 have you drove one,try it, will it become 2nd car, garage queen or track car? What ever your choose let us know. :thumb:

Want to try a GT3 - but suspect I'll find it too harsh. Good ownership proposition though. :)

991 is a great every day proposition, much more so than the 997. 991 vs 997 GT3 is a different argument though.

The PDK really is too good for words.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back