Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm getting the itch for a 991

Jamie_G

So 6 years after I bought my beloved 997 C2S and a few kids later feeling the need for one of these bad boys.

After a few months of ownership, any negatives etc?

Welcome back Jamie! Have driven one and they are a step up from the 997 Carrera. Go try one.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

A step up in which direction? What to some might be a step up might to others be a step down. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't have all these people in their crazy air cooled cars hanging around...

MC

MisterCorn said:
A step up in which direction? What to some might be a step up might to others be a step down. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't have all these people in their crazy air cooled cars hanging around...

MC

Nothing to do with the £95k+ that's required then?

MisterCorn said:

MC

The ones that came to mind when I had a 991 for a day were the ride compliancy (better on 20" wheels than my 997 Carrera on 19"s!), fuel economy and interior dash design. Granted, just a few but I didn't have the car that long unfortunately.

~ Maxie

If you need any help with finance, let me know...

:thumbs:

Tony 991S said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

.you can pick up a well spec d pdk 991S for c.20k less than that! Almost 30k less if you don't mind a manual C2....

Tony 991S said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Not sure there is as much in it as the 15 years between them might lead you to believe.

PistonHeads:

993: >£60k = 8% of 126 cars older than 14 years
991: <£70K = 5% of 63 cars younger than a year

£64/66k

4146273-4.jpg

WP0ZZZ99ZCS100412_1.jpg

Maxie said:
... ride compliancy ...
... fuel economy ...
... interior dash design ...
~ Maxie

Ferdi would be proud.

Ferdinand Porsche said:
I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.

GT4 said:
Tony 991S said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Not sure there is as much in it as the 15 years between them might lead you to believe.

PistonHeads:

993: >£60k = 8% of 126 cars older than 14 years
991: <£70K = 5% of 63 cars younger than a year

£64/66k

4146273-4.jpg

WP0ZZZ99ZCS100412_1.jpg

Mmmm... Try taking out all the 993 turbos and re do the figures..

There aren't any 991 Turbos yet, but you can be assured, when there are, the overlap will be even greater :wink:

It's called missing the point.

For once in my life I think I am going to have to go down the used route and I know that will do my head in on colour/spec combo but I couldn't justify paying £90K when you are right there are some fine examples coming about at £75K. My target timeframe would be Feb/March - £69K perhaps? Keep it for 3 years and if it's still worth £40K+ then that wouldn't have been a bad experience. Lost £27K on my new 997 in 33 months of ownership.

I have touched base with OPC Swindon who are now my closest dealer, are they doing 24 hour test drives happily? Or anything at Silverstone? I obviously have form having bought two brand new Porsche's in the past.

GT4 said:
There aren't any 991 Turbos yet, but you can be assured, when there are, the overlap will be even greater :wink:

It's called missing the point.

My point was you are comparing different models. Pointless comparing Carreras with turbos of any model. So take out the 993s that aren't early release and then compare the overlap.

Then you won't miss my point.

:?

How did a post from someone considering a 991 get hijacked into a discussion involving 993s?

Maxie made a point about the 991 being a step up from a 997 ........ after that I'm not sure what the hell happened :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back