Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 4.2 V8 Cayenne S Diesel 375bhp 627 lb-ft and 28mpg

Porsche News

It's finally here, Porsche has finally released details of a new larger V8 engine diesel-powered Cayenne.

Powered by the company's 4.2-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine, the Cayenne S Diesel has an impressive 375bhp and 627 lb-ft of torque at its disposal, enough for a 0-62mph time of 5.7 seconds, and a top speed of 157 mph.

The auto start/stop function – a first in the V8 diesel SUV segment, helps to achieve a consumption figure of 28.8mpg (13.4 litres for every 100 miles) and emissions of 218 g/km CO2, while its 100-litre fuel tank allows a range of 745 miles between top-ups.

Visually, the S Diesel can be identified by its black front intake grilles and tell-tale rear badging, with standard equipment including Porsche Traction Management (PTM), 18-inch alloy wheels, leather interior, powered front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, all-round parking sensors, cruise control and a seven-inch touch-screen system.

Porsche GB has set the pricing Cayenne S Diesel from £55,186 BUT add the required 20" rims and Air suspension as well as Sat Nav then it is really a £65k car....

Expect to see a Diesel GTS by 2015....

Attachments

• 6_caye_s_diesel_306.jpg
    6_caye_s_diesel_306.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 9,665
  • 5_caye_s_diesel_362.jpg
    5_caye_s_diesel_362.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 9,665
  • 4_caye_s_diesel_173.jpg
    4_caye_s_diesel_173.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 9,665
  • 3_caye_s_diesel_685.jpg
    3_caye_s_diesel_685.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 9,665
  • 2_caye_s_diesel_140.jpg
    2_caye_s_diesel_140.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 9,665
:thumbs:

I just love the flurry of new cars producing 300+ bhp which all come in under (sometimes well under) the 225g/km threshold. BMW has some crackers as well. Necessity really is the mother of invention :grin:

Unfortunately all at the whim of the Chancellor's pen.

Too many cars squeezing into zero and £30 bands now.

We have a recession to pay for, you know?

GT4 said:

...and that nasty unnecessary war thingy..!

Nobody seems to talk about the actual day to day (financial) costs of running a war, do they..?

Let's say a day with only moderate unnecessary bombing...£5M a day...?

Any advance on £5M a day...? Going, once...! Twice...! :?:

GT4 said:
Unfortunately all at the whim of the Chancellor's pen.

Too many cars squeezing into zero and £30 bands now.

and now lots of performance cars squeezing out of the £400 band :thumbs:

Reminds me a bit of the Italian tax on cars over 2litres, which gave rise to the high-output turbo motor in the Maserati Ghibli Cup :thumb:

Yes, but my point was that all those cars squeezing into £0/30 band and all the cars (belonging to those who can afford to be rogered, according to non-motorist, I have a ministerial chauffeur car champagne left-wingers?) falling out of £400 means the next motion to that pen is to either change the bands - ie £0/30 is circa 50 g CO2/km, £400 band becomes 180 g CO2/km (this is problematic as new bandings cannot generally be back-dated/applied to existing vehicles*) or simply ramp all the bands.

Ie £0/30 becomes £90/150 and £260 sudden becomes £400 etc etc.

The way round this is of course do both automatically:

Add band AAAA, AAAAA etc below the current bands - and make AAAAA £0/30 boundary. All others move so as to take their place.

Of course the terrifying thing about this is you get Irish (RoI) levels of VED for 225+ g CO2/km vehicles - ie £1,200 to £1,500 PA :eek:

Here's an idea.

Turn your heating on. Have the meter read. Pay for your gas.

Turn your oven on. Have your meter read. Pay for your electric.

How the f*ck can the VED tax be a green one or a fair one?

A guy four doors down from me has exactly the same 911 as I do. It's his only car and he does 9k miles a year in it. I did 800 miles in mine last year. He's therefore producing over ten times the amount of CO2 as I am. We pay the same tax.

The fact that I'm aware of this just makes me think that I might as well use the car more often as I'm paying the same anyway.

Where's the reward for producing less CO2?

There's isn't one because the tax has got feck all to do with CO2 - it's just another way of nailing you to pay for sh*t that nobody wants, like bankers and wars.

Annual mileage can easily be monitored. Fill it in on the V5 if you sell the car (just like you read all your meters the day you hand over the keys when you sell your house). Get the DVLA to get you to submit your annual mileage when you tax your car and have it displayed on you tax disc - they're half way there with putting the price on already! If the car is over three years old it's even easier - record it and have it electronically logged it at the MOT!

This way, surely people would then be more likely to say "It's only a mile down the road to get my fags/heroin/organic yogurt. I'll bloody-well hoof it!"

Just the same way that you don't leave your heating on all day when you're out at the beach all day and it's 30 in the shade. :frustrated:

Erm, dare I suggest the most direct route to tax CO2 (if that is what the government want to do and hence punish or reward its use and misuse) is to add the tax to fuel.

Use more (pollute more) = pay more.

PAYG and pro-rata = fair.

Burn 1 litre of petrol and you get 2.22 kg of CO2
Burn 1 litre of diesel and you get 2.63 kg of CO2

This is because there are a fixed number of carbon atoms in every chain of petrol or diesel molecules (OK, technically it is a blend and the average number of carbon atoms is fixed).

The only way to emit a different outcome is to burn a different thing - off the top of my head I don't know what burning politicians emit, but I bet like-for-like it is less.

Now what should we do?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hobie1
Back