Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche increases Macan sales projections

Porsche News

Company now expects to sell 75,000 units in the first year

Porsche is feeling pretty confident about 2014 Macan as WirtschaftsWoche is reporting the company has raised their sales forecast by 30,000 units.
Details are limited, but the publication says procurement manager Uwe-Karsten Staedter has informed suppliers that Porsche now expects to sell 75,000 Macans by the end of next year.

As we have previously reported, the Macan will feature Cayenne-inspired styling a variety of different engines. Petrol options are slated to include a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 220 hp (164 kW / 223 PS), a naturally-aspirated 3.6-liter V6 with 295 hp (220 kW / 299 PS) and possibly a twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 with 370 hp (276 kW / 375 PS). On the diesel side, choices could include a 2.0-liter TDI with 190 hp (142 kW / 193 PS) and a 3.0-liter V6 TDI with 250 hp (186 kW / 253 PS). There's also word of a hybrid variant that could borrow its powertrain from the Audi Q5 Hybrid.

Source: Automotive News

Attachments

• macan1_187.jpg
    macan1_187.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 14,400
A Macan, yesterday:
2g_640.jpg

A Cayenne, yesterday:
spyshots-porsche-macan-first-photos-medium_3.jpg

I understand the Porsche design dept. poached the chap who presses the "COPY" button at Audi :dont know:

I heard recently that the price point will be about 35k (Q5 money, as opposed to being pitched higher).

If that's the case then there will be scenes like this at an OPC near you following launch:

looks good to me, is that a real one then? (sorry, not been keeping up on Macan development)

I love the new shape Cayenne too but too much car for me, this baby one tho...

I think it is a real one, I'm REALLY hoping it ends up looking something like this by the time it's released:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Roro said:
I think it is a real one, I'm REALLY hoping it ends up looking something like this by the time it's released:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I like that,not so much the colour.Think it look's better than the Range Rover Evoque for about the same money.

p1rob said:
I like that,not so much the colour.Think it look's better than the Range Rover Evoque for about the same money.

Hope so. The Ewok is a joke for the size of car vs the money required for one.

I think the current Cayenne looks great, saw a red one the other and it looked superb.

I also see alot of this Kia mini 4x4 the Sportage. Have to say, with a few styling mods, better wheels and a Porsche badge it wouldn't look wrong in the line up!

2010_kia_sportage_sema_show_6_zpsf474d811.jpg

2010_kia_sportage_sema_show_zpsf144a1ca.jpg

Too car like in the top picture for me. Was maybe looking to buy one when they are launched, but think will give it a miss now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back