Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1977 911S with upgraded engine

cluskera

Hi All, this is my first post. I'm looking to buy my first 911.
I was considering a couple of California cars - both the 911S. They are priced in the $15k region. One has a 3.0 83 SC engine and one has an 85 3.2 carrera engine.
The latter definitely has some rust under the battery box but nothing else of note. I don't know how severe. Photos suggest it comes through underneath. Seller is a reputable dealer of classics and maintains this rust is not unusual in this location on these cars.
Any advice hugely appreciated but my main queries are:
1) How do you arrange for an inspection to be done in California and at what cost? Any experience of getting Porsche to take away some worries.
2) Is this a huge gamble either way?
3) Out of interest and mainly because figures are not available what would typical performance of these cars be compared to say Euro SCs?

4) Costs to bring into the uk?

Anything else?

Thank you very much indeed,
Regards
Andrew

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back