Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally got it! (Pictures)

Fat_Man

After what seems like forever, coupled with one or two delays, finally took delivery of the new daily driver (hope to get it used most days anyway) Took a few quick snaps. Will try and get some better ones.

Spec:

991 Carrera 3.4
Basalt black metallic
20" Carrera S wheels
PDK
Auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Sports seats plus
Heated Seats
Parking sensors rear
Telephone module
Sport design steering wheel
smokers package - looks a bit tidier with the added door imo
extended warranty

Centre console admittedly looks a bit bare without the PASM, sport exhaust etc but the wallet is better off for it lol. Don't think they'll be missed. Not the way this gets driven. Very happy with it so far! Actually rather partial to the "clean look" of the single tube exhaust - not knocking the quad tips, they look fantastic also :thumb:

Attachments

• back_309.jpg
    back_309.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 9,932
  • back2_164.jpg
    back2_164.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9,932
  • side_209.jpg
    side_209.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9,932
  • 991_103.jpg
    991_103.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 9,932
  • rear_seats_128.jpg
    rear_seats_128.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 9,932
  • interior_105.jpg
    interior_105.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 9,932
  • front_150.jpg
    front_150.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 9,932
Well done , that a is Beautiful motor :thumbs:

Congratulations! What a handsome looking car. What did you have beforehand? Look forward to more pictures :thumbs:

aak said:
Congratulations! What a handsome looking car. What did you have beforehand? Look forward to more pictures :thumbs:

Thanks, it replaced a 2009 cayman pdk. Will try and get some better pics up tomorrow. Hopefully wont find the all black colour scheme too toasty for the interior, although judging by this years summer it isn't going to be an issue quite yet. :)

Looks good :thumb:

The wheels are nice 8)

Fat_Man said:
Actually rather partial to the "clean look" of the single tube exhaust - not knocking the quad tips, they look fantastic also :thumb:
Me too, on ALL 911s. 8)

Congrats, looks great - I love the idea of a 3.4 Carrera with no PASM, no PDDC etc., probably more in keeping with 911s of old... :thumb:

Congrats on the new buy!

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Very very nice, sits so sweat on the drive, great choice , enjoy. quality runabout, we also have black 911 and a white country man, you obviously have good choice in cars. :thumb:

Thanks guys, really am very, very happy with it! Got about 150 miles on it so far - so not a massive amount, but have noticed a couple of points worth mentioning. Baring in mind this is the only 911 ive driven (bar the S version on the test drive) so cant directly compare to the classics. Over the past 40 miles or so i have had it on the twisty country roads and some stretches of dual carriageway that have been separated with a one or two 30 zones. It has been in sport mode for most of that and has averaged 27.2 mpg! Now considering that the coast feature and auto stop deactivate in this mode and the car isnt even "run in" yet i have to say I'm very impressed. Its currently fuelled with 97 RON esso premium stuff (on the look out for shell v-power) Of course, im keeping revs down to give it time to bed in (although in all honesty i don't think you really need to) so it hasn't been above 5000 rpm and wont until about 1200 miles are on the clock, although national speed limit and then some are still easily achievable in this range. The sound symposer, activated when sport button is pressed, is fantastic. Removes all regrets from not having the sport exhaust completely. Put your foot down and you get a nice deep engine note filter into the cabin, can only imagine of what it'll sound like at full load! The electro-mechanical steering in comparison to the hydraulic on the cayman is much better too. No kick with the wheel on bumps. Very smooth, progressive and very direct. Point and shoot basically. Much preferred. I get the impression that economy savings weren't actually their main concern with this it is so well done. I understand people who like tracking their cars may want the feedback of a traditional system, but for road use id have it no other way. Given the choice between the two, id keep the electro. Very refined and comfortable and the car goes where you want it every time. This brings me onto grip. Now, i haven't been thrashing round bends at 60+ or anything like that, but you can tell on roundabouts etc that the limits of this thing are high. Body roll (and this is without PDCC and PASM) is virtually zero. It doesn't budge! If you didnt drive a PDCC/PASM car back to back (i haven't) with one without either, i could well believe you'd be hard pressed to tell any difference. Has anyone experienced both with and without ? Would be interested to hear some views on this. PDK has also been refined since the version i had in the cayman. Gear grabbing is smoother in full auto mode (am yet to use the paddles) although it does seem to be a bit "louder" on the down shift. What i mean is you get more of a mechanical whir under breaking although im attributing this to the location of the unit being directly under the rear seats. Plus it could just be general transmission noise anyway. Its not obtrusive and certainly doesn't sound like a fault. The sound system (the base sound package plus) is again fantastic. Had this as an upgrade on the cayman and it sounds just as good. With the noise of the engine in sport mode with the symposer (the way most people will drive it for sure) i really don't see the need in splashing out on even the bose and especially not the burmester. Why have a very high end sound system in a car where the engine is meant to be the sound track? Seems counter productive. But if its something you'd really want then for sure, get it. The whole point is to create a vehicle you'll really enjoy and be happy with. Wheels being 20" vs 19": the ride quality hasn't suffered and fuel economy even at this early stage is beating the cayman on its 19"ers. Bit wary of curbs mind. No tyre wall to speak of. The stock spoiler design is very nice in my opinion. Have read a couple of reviews that say it looks a bit naff when deployed, but no complaints here. On the 3.4 i wouldnt want anything like the ducktail, there is just no need. Another gripe ive come across, particularly on the forum, is the new lettering system Porsche have employed on the rear. I actually quite like it seeing it in the flesh. Pictures really dont do it justice. Was toying with getting the model designation deleted when ordering, but agin have no regrets there. Maybe having an 'S' on the end of it would have pushed me overboard :puh: But all in all, a fantastic car. I actually cant think of any negatives. Well, bar perhaps one. The "aluminium" interior trim. Yeah, it doesn't seem that convincing to me. Is it actually aluminium? Seems a bit warm to the touch (i know its lacquered whatever it is). Better than the plastic in my previous interior anyway, but dont think you should be paying more to upgrade that at this price point. One more thing, i know i shouldn't ask, but has anyone had a lengthy go in both the 3.4 and the 3.8? Can you tell the difference? I know its 50hp between them but the 0-60 and 50-75 times seem pretty similar. Is fuel economy much reduced during spirited driving in the latter? Apologies for the war and peace length post :D

A couple of snaps to illustrate previous post.

Attachments

• pcm_574.jpg
    pcm_574.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 9,342
  • side2_548.jpg
    side2_548.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 9,342
  • wing_191.jpg
    wing_191.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 9,342
  • cs20_204.jpg
    cs20_204.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 9,342
Thanks for the big print squire :wink:

How did it feel in comparison to the cayman? I'm thinking of getting a 997 gt4s as my next purchase......problem is that they are not far off demo 991 money! What to do!!?!?

Lovely car OP, you may want to check that the fuel economy on that screen (Total) is actually moving, as mine was stuck on 47.9 MPG for the first 99.59 Hours (Also the total hours only goes up to this).

If it is, you just need to press the reset for a few seconds to cure!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back