Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

protecting my new 991

Adrian72

Hi All,
In the past on other cars I have used both 'Autoglym life shine' and 'Diamond Brites - multi step/coating(or whatever its called)'

What would you recommend for my new 991?
Zymol looks interesting.

I would also want to have the interior leather protected and carpets scotch guarded or equivilent.

Does anyone know a valeter in Manchester or West Yorkshire?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Adrian

Let us know how you got on :wink:

I have used Nanolex Professional on my last two new 911's and can recommend it, it is a sealant using the latest nano technology, basically it forms a protective layer on top of the paint so dirt is easy to shift, especially brake dust. My current car is Basalt so I have to work a little harder on insect removal, but my last was Aqua and it was fantastic. It is supposed to last for two years if you treat it properly, but you need to have some idea of what you're doing when applying. Have a nosey on detailing world, really helpful forum with loads of advice and contacts (including recommended detailers).

This is how I detail my pride and joy every six months
1. Pre-rinse-snow foam with Valet Pro
2. Wash with Durogloss 901
3. Clay both body work and alloy wheels (Most important)
4. Wash with Durogloss again and blow dry with my Black and Decker
5. Apply Pre-wax cleaner with Meguair dual Action Polisher (backbreaking)
6. Apply Zymol Glasur by hand
7. Apply sealant to wheels
8. Have a cup of tea and a massage from my other half and enjoy the beautiful curve of a 911!

herbie911 said:
This is how I detail my pride and joy every six months
1. Pre-rinse-snow foam with Valet Pro
2. Wash with Durogloss 901
3. Clay both body work and alloy wheels (Most important)
4. Wash with Durogloss again and blow dry with my Black and Decker
5. Apply Pre-wax cleaner with Meguair dual Action Polisher (backbreaking)
6. Apply Zymol Glasur by hand
7. Apply sealant to wheels
8. Have a cup of tea and a massage from my other half and enjoy the beautiful curve of a 911!

Just 2, 6 & 8 for me. :D

Monkey2604 said:
1: call Gurchan

2: straight to no.8

:floor:

:yeah:

I use Dave Naxton professionalcarvaleting who is fairly local to you. His service is nothing less than superb and imo very good value for money. A real petrolhead who cares passionately about his work - you won't be disappointed... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back