Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Had me in stitches

911BlackEd

Well, not quite a joke, but wondering if anyone else has this happening? Was pointed out yesterday when the car went into OPC and they said they have seen this on a few 991's

It seems that the stitching is too tight on the front panels of the seat base, it's also causing the leather to stress with lines appearing where it's pulled taut.

Attachments

• stitching_158.jpg
    stitching_158.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 7,336
Back it and get a 993 (anyone who knew how to make a car has long since retired, or made their way to 911 heaven).

That is pretty p!$$ poor quality - reminds me of Landrover seats from the mid-late 90's.

I have been toying with the idea of a new Boxster, but this kind of thing puts me off.

Anyhow, hopefully this is just a one-off problem with a faulty batch and will be remedied swiftly with replacement seat parts under warranty. I do so hope they are nut cutting corners back at Porsche HQ, as they are the same folks I rely on for the supply of parts for my 993...

best of luck

tim

Just need to sort the batch of dodgy VTS/remote fobs and the batch of non-waterproofed cab roof fabrics too.

I think maybe buy another Porsche bike and just leave that one permanently stationed at the OPC? :eek:

I really give up. This is the official reply from the DP at the OPC.

" I have checked five other brand new cars in showroom and they all have the same situation with the stitching, it appears that there isn't a fault, that is the way they are made."

:nooo:

So can I get this right, they pointed out the problem you were blissfully unaware of, then pointed out that there's no fix. So basically "thanks for buying a new car from us it's not made very well but hey ho we thought we'd just rub it in!"

Hi Chris, not quite, when I took it in for the roof to be re-weatherproofed (only half waxed) I pointed out that the stitching on the drivers seat was pulled taut, and that the leather was getting stretch marks. I was told at the time that this was also occuring in other cars and that Porsche had been made aware of it.

Here's the full dialogue (names removed) and this is only about the seat, there was alot more. For clarity. replys in italic.

Driver's seat leather stitching
o I have checked five other brand new cars in showroom and they all have the same situation with the stitching, it appears that there isn't a fault, that is the way they are made.
o ****, I am trying to remain calm at your answer on this as I have a seat in a three month old £114k car that has unsightly stretch marks. ****** told me he had taken pictures and sent to Porsche?
o Now, applying your logic, you could have gone into your showroom where you had five convertible 991's. Each one of which you went to, you attempted to put the roof down using the remote function on the key. None of them work, they all have the same situation with the button not working, so there is no fault, it's just the way they are made...
o Unsightly stretch marks, I thought the issue was the visible stitching on the seat base as displayed on the majority of all 991/981 standard seats. I do not see this as a warrantable defect unless the stitching/cover manufacturing has failed. Also leather is a natural product and will develop creases with use. I would not apply the same logic to the VTS/roof issue as this is a UK problem only.

I am not expecting to get anywhere with the majority of this now, I think my expectations have just been worn out.

Could you please just arrange to get the roof re-waxed as quickly as possible, as I am worried it is going to fade at a different rate on the waxed, and non-waxed sides, because if it does, from previous Porsche experience I will have no luck in getting it resolved as it would be 'within acceptable fading rates' or some other poor excuse oops, sorry, very valid reason.

--End

As I said, there are other issues, all of which I have now given up on, within the last year and a half they have had in excess of £200k via me. Even the crank on my Porsche bike creaks and sounds like the bearing has been overtightened, they offered to 'have a look' but I have now told them to stick it.

There is no way they won't sort this out.

That would not pass quality control at primark, and the people buying 991's are not cash cows that would buy a turd if it had a Porsche badge on the front.

You will get new seats? Right?
:?:

I'd take back a £5 childs football stitched that badly. Anyone would.

Hmm not good OP, just had a look at my seat and all ok, I've 58.17 travel time

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back