Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Overcomplicated, Engine Lid on 991 Cabriolet

Porsche News

1st time I've seen it and surprised at how over complicated it is.....:dont know:

Byfleet2012-068.jpg

Byfleet2012-069.jpg

Byfleet2012-070.jpg

No no no, it's not an engine lid.

As I was discussing with GT4 earlier today, the 991 doesn't actually have an engine, it's just got a couple of fans. It's these fans that generate the power to propel the car.

That rectangular black chute between the fans is where you put your kitchen waste and is Porsche's Tutonic-ised version of Doctor Emmett Brown's Mr Fusion device:

160623925_da87769609.jpg

tumblr_li2zj0o96y1qb3g3f.jpg

That 'engine lid' is just the door you open to clean the kitchen dirt and grime from out behind the fans, once every 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever is sooner.

Whatever you do, keep well below 88 mph.

I trust this clarifies.

:thumb:

I believe the definition of a lid is a door on or over a box or compartment. Often hinged or removable for access to the compartment or articles within.

Thus an "engine lid" has to allow access to an engine.

On that basis 991s do not have an engine lid, but simply a fluid access area lid (and dust trap).

Roro said:
No no no, it's not an engine lid.

As I was discussing with GT4 earlier today, the 991 doesn't actually have an engine, it's just got a couple of fans. It's these fans that generate the power to propel the car.

That rectangular black chute between the fans is where you put your kitchen waste and is Porsche's Tutonic-ised version of Doctor Emmett Brown's Mr Fusion device:

That 'engine lid' is just the door you open to clean the kitchen dirt and grime from out behind the fans, once every 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever is sooner.

Whatever you do, keep well below 88 mph.

I trust this clarifies.

:thumb:

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back