Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2005 Cayenne Turbo - Information Before Buying Please

carlos

Hi all

I'm new here but was a member in the 996 section, I am considering buying a 2005 Cayenne Turbo and would like some answers to some specific questions and some general advice on the purchase.

1. When did the PCM change to DVD from CD?
2. The car i have in mind has phone prep, can it be converted to Bluetooth and work through the car stereo and steering wheel controls easily enough?
3. Did PDCC only come as an option on the facelift 2007 Turbo?
4. Ive read about hoses needing changing to metal, if not done is that bad thing?
5. It has a full Porsche history, plugs 3k miles ago and is in full working condition but what should i look for apart from smooth gearbox changes and the usual checks that apply to all cars? Does the Cayenne Turbo have known issues in 2005?
6. The dealer only has 1 remote key and 1 spare key blade, i assume a remote is missing, right?
7. Regarding mpg, i know its not really a consideration but do they do what the handbook says they do?
8. Whats the service interval on the pre 2007, is it still 2 years?
9. As a daily driver is the Cayenne more than up to the job?
10. Whats the interior trim quality like and overall build, is it Porsche standard?
11. Are the wheel arch extensions like those on the GTS an easy retrofit on the pre facelift, i see Porsche make them for the 2003-2005?

There may be more questions as i start to look at the chosen example but for now id really appreciate some comments on the above.

Having owned 2 x 996;s i have to say i was impressed. I also owned several Range Rovers, including Supercharged and currently a BMW X6 35d which i am bitterly disappointed with and having spent so much i am thinking a Cayenne Turbo will make far more sense for half the cost. The X6 trim creaks, the gearbox is lazy and changes up all the time and fuel economy is about 10mpg (UK) less than the stated figure so not what i wanted.

Is the Cayenne Turbo as good as it gets for performance 4x4 motoring?

Thanks in advance

Car

My neighbour two houses from me the wife had a 2005 Cayenne 4.5S about two and a half years old and had lots of problems with it and spent around 12k in repairs (no warranty).Got rid of it after about 9 months and bought a new RR Sport.

If you are unlucky I would imagine the Turbo could be a nightmare.

Loads of car for the money if you get a good reliable one.

Hi Carlos...i own a 2004 Cayenne Turbo. Simply put,yes,it is as good as performance 4x4 gets...period. Cooling pipes are a must to have been changed to ali ones...check ALL electrics work (and there are lots to check!) Gearbox is good either auto or wheel/stick changes,brakes work very well which considering the weight is just as well.
My car has done BIG miles.....and the fit and finish is still excellent.As for MPG i regularly get 19mpg which i consider ok...More than up to job as a daily driver,key? yes probably one missing..phone prep...mine has this also,i dont think there is an easy way to bluetooth,i just bought a new sim for the car and divert my mobile to that...no problems with controls etc.
A simply fantastic car for the price,awesome performance,supremely comfortable,very very cabable car all told.Remember they were around £85k when new.......

Enjoy, you will not regret it,once driven you will be impressed!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back