Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 turbo

Question:

What is the difference between the following cars:

991 basic model with Aerokit Cup.
991 GT3
911 Turbo

Answer: Nothing they all look the bloody same.

I know they have different engines,number of seats,size of body,performance etc.

But a big mistake if Porsche give them all exactly the same rear wing.They should all be different to match the cars personality like the 997.

ian996 said:
Question:

What is the difference between the following cars:

991 basic model with Aerokit Cup.
991 GT3
911 Turbo

Answer: Nothing they all look the bloody same.

I know they have different engines,number of seats,size of body,performance etc.

But a big mistake if Porsche give them all exactly the same rear wing.They should all be different to match the cars personality like the 997.

I think at this stage they will all look very similar - part of the camouflage used to confuse the public into thinking they haven't seen anything special. By the time they're launched they should look 'more unique' 8)

Porsche at the moment are going a lot of development on the GT3 and Turbo.

If they are sorting out ride height,suspension settings,aerodynamics etc and pounding around the Ring I would have thought that the rear wing would be an integral part of the development.

I cannot see them at the last minuite sticking on a different wing.I think these rear wings will be on the production car.

The GT3 and 991 Carrera Aerokit Cup is shared (excluding front vents and centre exhausts) and they are both narrow body.

They do wear camo pretending to have side air intakes (which they don't).

The Turbo has its own rear spoiler and front PU, plus it is wide body and has functioning side pods (not stickers).

Fixed XAA Aerokit Cup
911374152138604199.jpg

Fixed GT3 Aerokit Cup
spyshots-991-porsche-911-gt3-loses-camo-medium_8.jpg

Deployed Turbo
porsche-911-1721212941378971600x1060.jpg

Retracted Turbo:
photo.JPG

So do these new variants have a wide body compared to the 2WD versions?

Um. C4 isn't actually wide body is it ..? I thought it was only C4S, Turbo and GT3 RS. My GT3 uses the C4 shell but it's not wide body.
:dont know:

Go check a 997 (991 too, when it arrives) C4 again - it is WB.

Your car uses an AWD chassis and NB (C2/C2S) shell.

C4, C4S, T4, T4S, Turbo, Turbo S, GT2, GT3 RS are all WB shells

C4, C4S, T4, T4S, Turbo, Turbo S, GT2, GT3 RS AND GT3 are all AWD chassis

You'll note the AWD (WB) chassis has the same basic hub track width as the NB, the width is in the offsets and rear bodywork (front too, on GT2 and GT3 RS in the form of offsets and wheel arch extensions).

GTS (SportClassic) is RWD chassis and WB
GTS4 is AWD chassis and WB

ian996 said:
I know they have different engines,

Actually they may well have the same engines but with different outputs. If the 991 GT3 is to go down the DFI route, then I am guessing it will have the same unit as the Carrera engine but with a higher output rating. Note how the 997.2 Turbo had exactly the same engine as the 997.2 Carrera save for a couple of a turbos bolted on. It was very different from the engiines of the 997.1 Carrera and 997.1 Turbo.

It's nothing new.

The aerokitted Carrera 996 rear wing (both Gen 1 & 2) was the same rear wing as on the 996.1 GT3 except you couldn't alter the angle. The aerokitted Carrera 997 rear wing (Gen 1 & 2) was the same as the 997.1 GT3 (again, no adjustments possible).

~ Maxie

The whole point of the Aerokit Cup is that it, erm, is based on the Cup cars' Aerokit! (997 onwards GT3 were distanced from Carrera visually by centralised exhausts).

The 996.1 Aero was (shim) adjustable, just like the GT3:

eIMG_1546800x600.jpg

when can i order it

for a photoshoot :thumbs:

i don,t know if this one is dropped already, if so i ,am sorry:

Maxie said:
The aerokitted Carrera 996 rear wing (both Gen 1 & 2) was the same rear wing as on the 996.1 GT3 except you couldn't alter the angle. The aerokitted Carrera 997 rear wing (Gen 1 & 2) was the same as the 997.1 GT3 (again, no adjustments possible).

~ Maxie

I found another post of mine I'd forgotten with the 996.1 shim settings:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=734850

The three angles are set manually (remove spoiler using Allen keys, adjust bracket angle, refit spoiler).

"Passive" is just the first setting and matches the downforce of front splitter.
Further more aggressive angles increases the rear downforce, but should only really be used for track work (plus it increases drag).

Normal setting:
Porsche_996_GT3_1999_spoiler.jpg

Mid setting:
aerokit_in1.jpg

High setting:
907IMG_06041.jpg

aerowing.gif

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member