Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help Required

blue62

Took delivery of my new 991S on Friday and I'm seriously impressed even though I've barely covered 200 miles. However, a symbol that looks a bit like a cup cake keeps appearing in the instrument binnacle, I think it's a 'message' but cannot access the message and can't get rid of the symbol. I will drop into OPC, but does anyone here have any idea to save me the trip?

Photo of said cup cake?

Does it look like this?

Attachments

• cupcake_523.jpg
    cupcake_523.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 4,468
I will get a photo and post it up tonight, beginning to think this thread could focus more on cup cakes than my issue! The symbol is yellow, rectangular with vertical lines across the top third, no cherry. I am pretty certain it is a message symbol, but cannot for the life of me access the message, can't believe it's serious though as it doesn't correspond to anything in the manual, I even had my wife look and if she can't find it then it aint there, especially when trying to prove me wrong.

Hope I've done this correctly, tried to attach a picture of the message that has appeared in the multi-function display. I sent this to the dealer last night and waiting for a response, I will provide the answer when I have one.

Attachments

• symbol_104.jpg
    symbol_104.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 4,400
Answer: That means you don't have the Tracker card with you !!!!

It got me once...... then I realised what is was.

Enjoy the car, nothing to worry about.

blue62

:bandit: Congratulations on the new991 . CubaSteve :bandit:

Attachments

• th_porschecake_104.jpg
    th_porschecake_104.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 4,330
Thanks Durgesh for the response and Cuba Steve for the congratulations! In fact the tracker was in the car but the spare (which was in the house) had not been properly activated, I had to press and hold the button on the tag for 5 seconds. All sorted and hopefully this will be of use to someone in the future.

If you were driving without an active tracker card shouldn't this have triggered an alert from Cobra?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back