Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof operation by remote fault..

911BlackEd

Nurburgring
Ok, have kept quiet about this one, as with the last debacle, I didn't want to tempt fate..

Upon collecting my car at the OPC the roof operation by remote has not worked, by not worked I mean that the roof will get to the halfway point, or less, and stop, pressing the button again sometimes moves the roof closed a bit, but it gets to the point that you just look like a c**k and get in the car to operate the roof.

Some would say, no biggie, but on a car that was £112k, you would expect it to be faultless.

Now, car has been into OPC, they took the keys to show me how it operates, assuming I was trying it from 100ft away or something, it does the same, they have the car in for the day, and say they have submitted a technical request to Germany... Oh dear...

Now, had a bit of time on my hands last week, and as it was sunny, the feature could be useful, so eventually I get the roof to go down via remote, if I sit in the car, and hold the key over the centre console... just above the roof buttons :) so deduce that it's some sort of noise, and chase the OPC for an answer.

Fair enough, they have already deduced this, well done, and that it's likely to be the VTS fob interfering with the signal, I duly turn off the fob and try, success.

Now awaiting a new antenna for the car to be tested to resolve the fault.

All is good, just thought if anyone else has a cab, with this fault, you can point your OPC in the right direction. Then probably like mine, it will be fixed sometime before summer 2013....

I hope that there are no more woes with your (new) 911! You have displayed a lot of patience and loyalty to the marque, I must say!

Just as a note for any new owners, as this I am now informed effects all 991 Cab owners, and also all new model Boxster owners.

There is no fix for this at present, and they believe that the fix may take several months to come through, which is going to involve a change in the VTS system.

Just an update, apparently the fix for this is on its way! The fix involves a new pair of keys being programmed for the car, so presume they are changing the channel for the roof.

This is now being trialled at the moment.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back