Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2017-2018 Porsche Pajun Saloon and Shootbrake

Porsche News

By 2017, Porsche will introduce its sixth series. Under the pseudonym Pajun gives the little brother of the Panamera - which will also used as a station wagon!

Under the pseudonym Pajun latest result in 2017 the little brother of the Panamera - on a new platform and with new engines. A challenge that is especially the Mercedes E-Class. The Pajun comes flat, crouched and sportier than the Mercedes. Like the much larger Panamera trà¤t he end up with a hatchback with a large, wide aufschwingender flap. To get a larger luggage compartment, allows the rear seats by moving individually.

The Porsche Pajun will also come by 2018 as a shooting brake. One of the distinguishing features include the third side window, clearly the more upright C-pillar and the pleasing features include a deep rear window along with a large roof spoiler.

Source, www.autobild.de

Attachments

• pajunsb_213.jpg
    pajunsb_213.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 24,010
  • porsche_pajun_sb2_195.jpg
    porsche_pajun_sb2_195.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 24,010
  • porsche_pajun_2_944.jpg
    porsche_pajun_2_944.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 24,010
  • pajun1_119.jpg
    pajun1_119.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 24,010
Did the true spirit of Porsche die with Butzi?

Brand dilution continues!

~ Maxie :sad:

Well, I guess that in order to keep funding the 911 they need to make and sell other cars in a commercially viable quantity,

Perhaps these will become to Porsche/VW what Lexus has become to Toyota, ie the sportier, top end of the range,... maybe

Just IMO of course, other opinions are available

To be honest, the "estate" version doesn't look that bad. It looks great compared to S212 estate, Audi A6 and such.

I think these cars will become more important in the future for Porsche. I hope all the cars produced by Porsche will retain the same sporty dna the cars have had until this far (not sure about the Cayenne though). Actually I would love to see a Porsche developed diesel engine, not based on some VAG- unit. I don't have details of Zuffenhausen's production capabilities, are they going to build all these future cars there?

I'm not sure about this. Yes Porsche needs to sell more boring boxes to fund the sports car side of things but all of this is taking the shine off the brand. For what it's worth though I think the designs for this new car are ok, nicer than the Panamera. It needs to be special though, handle like a proper sports car, ie eat M3 & M5's for breakfast.

Guess it's all about about marjket share and catering to the newer markets........Porsche have produced worse before......

I like it, a lot, saloon and estate

Then again I like the Panamera, in the right colour its an impressive looking car

Maxie said:
Brand dilution continues!

~ Maxie :sad:

I suspect the chaps at P HQ will consider this as brand development rather than dilution.

I wonder if there's a coupe version of this Pajun being discussed. That could be quite interesting. Or even a Panamera coupe, new 928 type car.

The Cayenne is pure ugliness.

The Panamera is pretty darned ugly but not as downright awful as a Cayenne.

However, I quite like the look of the Pajun! The sports version anyway, not the estate. :eek:

They do nothing for me, while the new 991 retains a visual link back to its roots, these new cars are trying to create a new image, to my ageing eyes they have missed something. They are dull and almost anonymous to look at and that's the one thing the 911 series have never suffered from.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back